Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > P530 First Edition - Delivered
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

aja500 wrote:

"Autobiography", you make reference to some of the plastics being a bit "scratchy", which parts in particular are you referring to?

And do you know if any of these parts are improved with a leather covered finish in the SV model?

Typically lower down parts and the door trim and in the luggage compartment, the parcel shelf mounts onto hard plasticky trim pieces.

The grab handles also feel really cheap and are not colour coordinated either.

Post #631174 10th May 2022 11:12am
Autobiography

5.0 wrote:

How does the engine sound compare to the 5.0SC?

I would say the engine feels a lot more refined on the whole.

More muted for sure but I'm not sure if that's the active noise cancellation. Still has a nice purr under acceleration. The noise cancellation in the speakers really works (you can hear the cancelling sound being played through the headrest if you turn your ear). Quite freaky!

Post #631175 10th May 2022 11:13am
GAC23

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Indus Silver

A lovely car, sir.

Enjoy. What do I put here then?

Post #631178 10th May 2022 11:18am
jez000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

Congrats, that looks like a lovely place to be Thumbs Up 2021 P400 Silicon Silver AB
Gone 2011 Bournville TDV8 VSE
Gone 2008 Black Canadian HSE LUX

Post #631227 10th May 2022 8:44pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

Congrats on the new car Autobiography, very nice car.

Quick question now that you owned the car for a little while. What's the fuel economy like on the P530? Is it as awful as the RRS SVR or much better?

Looking to order the new FFRR and trying to decide whether to go for another D350 or get the P530 (Although I've noticed you can now only get the P530 in SV spec which I think is a bit of a rip off).

Currently have the RRS SVR and also have the D350 AB FFRR and I've barely used the SVR recently as I'm just fed up of constantly going to the garage to fill up.

Cheers.

Post #633700 4th Jun 2022 10:58pm
Autobiography

The engine is just sublime. Silky smooth; I don’t miss the V8 SC at all. Just feels effortless.

The fuel economy is excellent for the engine too IMO - I’m getting much better economy than the P400 MHEV I had for a while. Mid-high 20s are possible on motorway journeys and I’m very rarely getting below 22 around town.

A recent predominately motorway journey is included below:

Note: as a wider update, I’m sorry to report that quality still seems to be seriously lacking and I have a long list of warranty issues waiting to be looked at.

Post #633714 5th Jun 2022 7:51am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Disappointing to read about the warranty issues. I guess it's often an issue with the first versions of a new car (and of course not unique to LR) but I was really hoping they'd turned a corner with this one. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #633719 5th Jun 2022 10:09am
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Autobiography wrote:
The engine is just sublime. Silky smooth; I don’t miss the V8 SC at all. Just feels effortless.

The fuel economy is excellent for the engine too IMO - I’m getting much better economy than the P400 MHEV I had for a while. Mid-high 20s are possible on motorway journeys and I’m very rarely getting below 22 around town.

Note: as a wider update, I’m sorry to report that quality still seems to be seriously lacking and I have a long list of warranty issues waiting to be looked at.

Can I just ask whether the proximity door locking and unlocking and gesture tailgate is one of those issues?

I’m approaching 4000 miles in mine and JLR are still unable to get this to work on my vehicle. Faultless otherwise.

Post #633722 5th Jun 2022 12:11pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Hoyboy wrote:

Quick question now that you owned the car for a little while. What's the fuel economy like on the P530? Is it as awful as the RRS SVR or much better?

Looking to order the new FFRR and trying to decide whether to go for another D350 or get the P530 (Although I've noticed you can now only get the P530 in SV spec which I think is a bit of a rip off).

Currently have the RRS SVR and also have the D350 AB FFRR and I've barely used the SVR recently as I'm just fed up of constantly going to the garage to fill up.

Cheers.

My D350 is regularly in the mid 30s mpg. We did touch 40 on a long motorway run from Aberdeen to the NE.

Post #633723 5th Jun 2022 12:13pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

Autobiography wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me Autobiography. Good to know the engine is a big improvement over the old V8 S/C. Not good to hear about the warranty issues. Was really hoping they would have improved in this area.

Care to share the problems you’re having?

Cheers.

Post #633737 5th Jun 2022 3:54pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

Christonabike wrote:
Hoyboy wrote:

Cheers.

My D350 is regularly in the mid 30s mpg. We did touch 40 on a long motorway run from Aberdeen to the NE.

Hey Chistonabike. That’s really impressive. Better than what I’m getting in the L405 D350. What spec did you go for?

Cheers.

Post #633738 5th Jun 2022 3:56pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Mine is an HSE Spec. It was one of the launch vehicles and by pure pot luck the first to arrrive in the dealership. I’ve been very fortunate.

Belgravia green, 22” silver wheels, nickel atlas accents, pano roof, privacy glass, perlino leather with gloss black, deployable side steps.

Post #633739 5th Jun 2022 4:06pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

Very nice! Hope you’re enjoying the car

Post #633767 6th Jun 2022 12:19am
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Autobiography wrote:

Christonabike wrote:

Can I just ask whether the proximity door locking and unlocking and gesture tailgate is one of those issues?

I’m approaching 4000 miles in mine and JLR are still unable to get this to work on my vehicle. Faultless otherwise.

Autobiography and Christonabike: Any updates on these issues? Feedback from the dealers if the issues you've encountered seems to be common for the early L460?

Post #634911 18th Jun 2022 10:56am
Autobiography

JLR have disabled the approach locking/unlocking as this is linked to a battery drain problem. A shame as this feature was actually really good.

Other issues on mine are primarily rattles, creaks and poor quality trim requiring replacement. Also some issues with the head up display - has anybody else had problems with brightness?

Post #634920 18th Jun 2022 11:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>