Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Who, what, when
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue
Who, what, when

As people get anxious and excited about cars and say my dealer said, confirmed slotted discontinued. it will give us the oppertunity to compare with our own order.
Please add yours

Dixy, 530 Autobiography potifino perlino clear glass tow hitch, @ Gaydon launch letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #631486 13th May 2022 8:55am
Tawny

United Kingdom 

Hi,

Mine is currently in build.

D300 HSE, Belgravia Green, was going to be Perlino interior, but changed to Caraway.

Tow Bar, upgraded Hi-Fi, Tinted Glass, Fridge, HD Rubber Mats, Dog Guard.

Very excited!

(Ordered day after launch - Marshalls, Ipswich) Range Rover Westminster 2021 3.0 MHEV Eiger Grey

Post #631496 13th May 2022 9:50am
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Mine is “confirmed”, but only feedback from dealer is sometime this year…..

D350 autobiography, carpathian with shadow pack and 1079 wheels, perlino, fridge and actually that’s about it

Very excited, even if it still seems some way off.

Bigfiat

Post #631530 13th May 2022 4:33pm
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

I put £1k deposit down last October, specced a 510 PHEV AB on the launch day in Jan - e mailed salesman a couple of times since to be told nothing, no confirmation, no eta. Asked a few weeks back if we could order a new RRS PHEV aswell and again nothing back 😂😂

Can’t really be arsed with it all now - it will all change in a 2/3 years when all the current BS stops, by then the full electric version will be out and the revised version will be rumoured, the salesman will be back to chasing you for the latest deal 🤦🏻‍♂️ and normal car buying service will be resumed. I’ve spent years wanting the latest thing and always wanted a new FFRR before I was 50, I got one @ 47 so I was happy. I was looking forward to the latest one and was hoping to enjoy the buying, speccing and delivery experience. But, for me it’s all gone a bit 💩💩

They are just another nice car now, the dealership and JLR has ruined the specialness of it for me. If it comes it comes, if we see something in the meantime (it only has to tow a horse box) we will get that 👍

Post #631534 13th May 2022 5:21pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Stay “with the force” …. I’m frustrated as I sense you are, but despite some pretty arsey comments from me a couple of weeks back, it’s a great product I sense, and I will put in a second order for phev/electric the day it finally arrives, I suspect it will be a 2 year waiting list at that point, but I genuinely suspect it will also be very cheap motoring. I sold a 992 s recently after 18 months and 7k mile for the same price I bought it for ….. the market is bonkers, but let us all enjoy it in that spirit

Post #631548 13th May 2022 6:47pm
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 

Ordered mine from the dealer list end Oct got told today it’s built and on the way to the dealer and I should get it next week, they dealer had my spec on his list so fell lucky by the looks of it.

P400 AB, Eiger, Black 23s, Shadow Pack, Privacy Glass.

Post #631550 13th May 2022 6:58pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

7 CDB wrote:
I put £1k deposit down last October, specced a 510 PHEV AB on the launch day in Jan - e mailed salesman a couple of times since to be told nothing, no confirmation, no eta. Asked a few weeks back if we could order a new RRS PHEV aswell and again nothing back 😂😂

Can’t really be arsed with it all now - it will all change in a 2/3 years when all the current BS stops, by then the full electric version will be out and the revised version will be rumoured, the salesman will be back to chasing you for the latest deal 🤦🏻‍♂️ and normal car buying service will be resumed. I’ve spent years wanting the latest thing and always wanted a new FFRR before I was 50, I got one @ 47 so I was happy. I was looking forward to the latest one and was hoping to enjoy the buying, speccing and delivery experience. But, for me it’s all gone a bit 💩💩

They are just another nice car now, the dealership and JLR has ruined the specialness of it for me. If it comes it comes, if we see something in the meantime (it only has to tow a horse box) we will get that 👍

Firstly 7 CDB, I'm completely with you on this....... Like yourself, over the last few years, I've ordered a few nice cars and rightfully expected a special experience from the premium brands. I won't go into too much detail, but during this time, I've learned that no matter what you buy, a Land Rover, Bentley, Ferrari or even a Rolls-Royce, the dealers really don't care and always let you down, no matter how much you're spending.

It doesn't matter what you buy, my experience is that the dealers have all been pretty poor (Rolls-Royce have definitely been the best, but they've still had there faults).

Sadly, or maybe perhaps naively, when I was younger I thought buying a premium brand car would be an experience to remember, something really special, but no, all these dealers are just as bad as each other.

In 2015 I bought my first Ferrari, it was £85k which was a fortune to me then, it was a Manual F430 Spider - I know it was an entry level used car then, but this was a childhood dream to me. I drove from Surrey to Nottingham to pick it up. The salesman knew I was coming to collect it, I was expecting it to be there in the showroom, all nice and shiny, yet when I got there, I was told the salesman had nipped out, I asked where was the car, as I couldn't see it in the showroom, then I was told, "Oh, it's still round the back, I'll get someone to bring it round"!!!

Dream shattered, so much for turning up and seeing my new shiny red Ferrari in the garage. This wasn't just a car, it was supposed to be an experience - The bottom line is, they just want your money, they don't care about you or the customer experience.

Like you 7 CDB, I've just given up now........ In fact I've recently gone the other way, and started getting kicks from cheap cars. I saw this today on my way to Italy, probably only worth about £10 grand, but doesn't it look beautiful (Black with Tan Leather).

Click image to enlarge

In answer to the post question, I ordered in late September / early October 2021, a P530, but changed to a P440e PHEV LWB early this year......,. Still not slotted, and still don't know what final spec I'll decide upon.

Post #631571 13th May 2022 9:59pm
Golden age

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black

aja 500 , 7 CDB and all you other folks that work hard and care about customers .

I am of an age where when I was in business ,I had always felt customer service was a reflection on myself and respect for my customer .I too had a large salesforce up and down the country but attitude / respect for the 'hand that feeds you' has to come from the top .

In a world where family ownership of businesses has given way to corporates I'm afraid the bottom line ( by hook or by crook ) driven by target metrics is the only thing that counts .

In a world where customers are a many ( aspirational products will always have the determined customer who will buy no matter what ) , I myself am guilty of putting up with dishonest , diabolical sales people simply because they had the product / car I wanted .As I've grown older my expectations of the car buying experience has fallen exponentially , to a point where now I find myself being quite obnoxious at times to these 'salespeople ' , having to be reminded by my good lady to not fall to their standards !

( I de secretly still enjoy being disrespectful to the salespeople when I've decided on a car with another salesperson ) .I now often find myself deliberately being as flippant as the very salespeople were when I was doing my research Smile .

We buy these cars inspite of these so called salespeople not because of them and the "service ' they offer .For me they are simply a means to an end .

Enjoy the product gentleman - forget the acquisition process .
Black Longwheel base diesel - 18 month wait time - deposit paid last month ( will change colour before then I suspect ).

Post #631579 14th May 2022 6:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1