Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Incame-4.2 Supercharged (6 months late posting this!)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
philip1972

France 2006 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Java Black
Incame-4.2 Supercharged (6 months late posting this!)

Only about 6 months too late, but here we are anyway.

Had 3 utterly disastrous FFRR L322s, and swore I would never have another one Embarassed . Had a jag E Pace D240 HSE Dynamic in 2020, provided free by our employer, but then we were both made redundant (Covid) and we decided that we would move permanently to our house in France. Had a week to organise 2 cars, so bought a 2003 BMW 745i (amazing car) and a 2003 Citroen Berlingo for £1500. Well, if you are going to live in France, you have to don’t you!!!
Now I like to think I am brave, but most people think I am stupid, but I bought these 2 cars and literally the next day drove them from Gloucestershire to France, just West of Limoges. Overnight. Me in the Berlingo and the wife and 2 German shepherds in the BMW. After 20 miles, I had cramp in my right toe from pressing the Berlingo accelerator to floor….just to maintain keep 65mph lol. It is the non turbo 1.9 diesel. By the time we arrived I was driving sitting sideways using my left foot to press the accelerator Laughing . After 13 hours though we arrived! Not a single issue from either car. Amazing.
6 months later the BMW wasn’t cutting it. No good for the dogs and not very practical for our general lifestyle of going everywhere with the dogs and lots of trips to the Alps for skiing. So once again I got an itch for a FFRR. Wife went mad, the previous 3 were just all terrible and I lost many £s. But no, I said, this time I am going to get a Supercharged, those bad boys are reliable!
Long story short, I bought (over Whatsapp!) a forum members 2006 55 plate pre facelift Supercharged Autobiography. Black, with black and cream seats. 1 previous owner and 89000 miles. Very complete service history and without giving too much detail, the seller shall we say, knows what’s what with LRs. No rust visible anywhere. New Bristol transmissions gearbox and new front airbags.
Dad died at the end of October, so I organised to collect on the drive back to Cheshire for his funeral. Off the ferry at Dover in the BMW at midnight and was near Weymouth at 3am. Since the seller decided that he didnt want to meet me at 3 am, and I didn't fancy waiting in a car for 6 hours, we decided that the seller would leave the keys under the wheel arch and I could leave the BMW behind to be collected a few days later (I got the train to Dorchester 2 days later and picked up the BMW, which was in the turn collected from my mums house in Cheshire a day after that by its new owner). Not a conventional way to collect a car, but hey ho.

Drove beautifully up to Cheshire and I was happy.

A week later I drove it back to France, overnight. Had a tedious drive as it was really foggy across France, but the car was great. For a while. Then I got restricted performance, while on cruise at 90mph, up a pretty steep 10km motorway hill. Codes was basically the aux coolant pump, so I reset and all was well. (I replaced the aux coolant pump which was both original and wired back to front from the factory-all has been well since). Only other issue is a suspension fault cross articulation fault which happens about every few months. A restart and all is well. Codes are fairly generic and I can’t pinpoint what’s causing it, but it seems that it only does it when it's wet. More investigations to follow.

Over the last 6 months, I have loved it. Put some new brakes on and while under there really checked the sills and arches and am pleased to say that even with the covers off, there is no rust at all. I might spray some wax over the underside at some point, what do you think?
As I have got more confident, I have driven it harder at times, and it’s really quite a machine-very comfortable and lots of power, which makes for a relaxing time. I even made it do some work yesterday towing…pic below.

Will update when I have something to say Cool

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #631623 14th May 2022 2:42pm
philip1972

By the way, all the photos are the sellers, apart from the last one which was yesterday in Limoges.

As you can see, its unmolested and nice and standard.

Post #631624 14th May 2022 2:44pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Looks very tidy that.

They are a pain in the Censored sometimes, but there is still nothing else I fancy having. Not without a lottery win anyway…

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #631628 14th May 2022 2:57pm
philip1972

I agree-I think the secret is getting a good one to start with. Hopefully this is 4th time lucky Shocked

Post #631629 14th May 2022 3:02pm
Seriouslthinkingaboutit

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Looks fantastic. Hope it eliminates the memories of the previous three.

I recognise that electrical panel from my copious reading of threads Shocked

Douglas 2007 4.2SC Buckingham Blue

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic63319.html

Post #631647 14th May 2022 7:12pm
Superspoons

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

Excellent looking SC - and no rust - bonus time Thumbs Up Gavin

2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 Supercharged V8
1998 Defender 50th Anniversary - GB168 - preparing for sale

Follow my 4.2 Supercharged antics -
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic63354.html
https://www.instagram.com/l322_supercharged/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ChHNSdscnJarKjBLd_IAg

Post #631726 15th May 2022 1:59pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Excellent stuff just remember to change gearbox and diff and transfer oils every 30k Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #631793 16th May 2022 5:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1