Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Rear ARC pipes leaking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
disanto

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Farallon Black

I had a local garage install the new pipe and the new complete rear bar assembly, but I'm still getting the same error messages and creaking from the suspension. They bled the bars front and back, but the error kept appearing.

Scanning with my IID Tool, the most common is "C1119-09 ( AF ) Hydraulic pressure - General failure information", which accompanies either the red or amber warning on the dash.

I've also had...

C1B11-62 ( 28 ) Pressure control valve - Algorithm based failure
C1B11-92 ( 2C ) Pressure control valve - Component failure
C104C-94 ( 28 ) Rear axle piston - Pressure regulating valve - Component failure
C104A-94 ( 28 ) Front axle piston - Pressure regulating valve - Component failure

Given the various codes popping up, they all look to me like an issue with pressure in the system, so I checked the fluid level. The cap was wet, but I couldn't tell if that was just a bit of spillage from when they topped it up. With the engine off, the fluid was higher than the "max" level, but with the engine running, it drops very low — I'm assuming there's still air in the system.

Question for the OP — what procedure did you follow after replacing the pipes? Did you have access to the Land Rover bleeding tools?

Post #634249 10th Jun 2022 11:53am
lambo911

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Barolo Black

The annoying thing is that when they do a health check they don't bother to mention rusty bits like this, they are more interested in telling you your tire depth or the thickness of the brake pads...

If they said there were signs of rust then most people would do something about it before it gets like the pictures in this post.

My 2016 AB was sold by a dealer last May so it must have had their 365 point check and that had to have the rear A/C pipes replaced under warranty due to corrosion a few months later 2016 AB SDV8 Barolo black

Post #634620 14th Jun 2022 6:01pm
mpirie

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

I've discovered a leak from the front set of pipes, just where the pipe starts to head across from the drivers to passenger side and the valve block.

It only weeps while the pump is running and is exposed to the elements in the wheel arch.

Just waiting to contact the warranty company to hear their excuse as to why the will not cover the replacement cost! Big Cry

Mike

Post #634649 14th Jun 2022 10:39pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

lambo911 wrote:
The annoying thing is that when they do a health check they don't bother to mention rusty bits like this, they are more interested in telling you your tire depth or the thickness of the brake pads...

If they said there were signs of rust then most people would do something about it before it gets like the pictures in this post.

My 2016 AB was sold by a dealer last May so it must have had their 365 point check and that had to have the rear A/C pipes replaced under warranty due to corrosion a few months later

Couple of points, most dealer tech's will identify as much as they can as it counts towards their 'red work' - which is one of the things they are measured on - although it's possible some may ignore work they don't want to get involved in, especially if they're 'filter-spinners'...

With regard to A/C pipes, the rear ones have insulation so it would be near-impossible to identify any serious corrosion on a used vehicle check, especially if the system was functional and there were no visible signs of refrigerant oil leakage. The other side of it is that anything identified on used vehicle checks has to be paid for by the sales dept., if a defect occurs once it's sold, then the cost is picked up by the 'used vehicle warranty' insurance the dealership takes out on every vehicle not covered by manufacturers warranty. If that were to happen with a developing defect, it'd be inconvenient to you but cheaper to the dealership.

Post #634650 14th Jun 2022 11:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12