Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Range Rover Ghost
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Darryl72

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
Range Rover Ghost

Hi folks,

For the last two years Ive been a happy RR driver with minimal issues, and almost forgotten the RR curses from previous years but....

This last two weeks week my air bag light comes on randomly some times form the start of driving sometimes whilst driving, othertimes I don't see it on for a day or two, my windscreen wipers sometimes work, the last two mornings just once at car start up other times as normal and all windows were 'one' touch down now I have to hold down to lower them and the interior light decides to come on occasionally while driving, about four weeks ago my driver heated seat also stopped working all others are fine but I don't think its related as the other errors are more recent.

RR 04 BMW Vogue

Battery about a year old,

Im going to try this weekend fully charging the battery and a hard reset (positive/ negative touch once disabled).

Any other things that could be causing these issues or that I should look at (earth cables)?

Thanks in advance!

Post #629891 27th Apr 2022 3:58pm
Darryl72

I've realised that if the airbag light is out my wipers work fine if that helps with diagnoses.

Post #630140 30th Apr 2022 7:50am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i would certainly look at the battery..it might be only a year old but the FF is very voltage sensitive.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #630141 30th Apr 2022 7:59am
Darryl72

Thanks Stan, Id like to be the battery as its an easy fix rather than a needle in a hay stack!!

Post #630304 1st May 2022 4:59pm
Googs

Australia 

B interested if you find out wat caused your heated drivers seat (rhd) go out mate. 😎🇦🇺

Post #632305 20th May 2022 8:37am
Darryl72

My heated seat has started working again without any intervention....sort off......

So new battery installed with the same problems,

After a full trickle charge and a reset from the hidden menu on the clocks my rr will all function correctly for about two days then air bag light back on but dim, if it goes bright while driving it goes out and everything is normal.For the two days the airbag light comes on bright and goes out as it should.
Still same errors, air bag light on dim, no wipes front, no one touch window but hold down works.

Ive tried removing all unnecessary fuses (heaters/steering, stereo etc) and entertainment system for a week with the same result.

Checked and cleaned earth an the battery and drivers side arch,

Any clues whats next?

Thanks again for any assistance!

Post #634909 18th Jun 2022 10:48am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

If it were mine I'd be looking at the BECM next, a few posts on here of them failing, they start with so called unrelated faults and actions...

Worth getting it checked... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #634921 18th Jun 2022 11:36am
Googs

Australia 

Hey Darryl, my 02 had similar problems so i fitted new battery with no good results…..put scanner on and found i have fault with interior lights, car doesn’t unlock from key fob, rain sensor not working, drivers seat heat doesn’t work (all other seats work), and other things not working i just can’t think of at the moment….scanner on and this all comes up with BCM under left seat is in transport Mode…..sound similar?

Post #634958 18th Jun 2022 6:31pm
Darryl72

It is pointing that way! Also my brake lights stay on whilst the air bag is half aluminated! Did replacement fix your problems?

Post #635371 24th Jun 2022 4:27pm
Googs

Australia 

No, i did a scanner reset on the BCM and all functions are working correctly except the auto rain sensor which i’ll deal with another day.
Before i did this i pulled the passenger side front seat and then the BCM module…give it a good clean as I suspect it’s been under water and this causing most of the problems! Also the drivers seat heater is working too. 🇦🇺

Post #635406 24th Jun 2022 8:08pm
Darryl72

So just in case someone in the future has something like this (hey its a RR so someones gonna need this!) I seem to of fixed the problem.....8 days clean!!, not sure which cured it but this is what I did, new battery did not make a difference this time, took off three earth points under the bonnet, cleaned and refitted, removed and cleaned all fuses under the bonnet, glove box and boot, removed all ebox internal connections clean replaced, removed plugs from BCM under passenger seat cleaned replaced, wd40'd the key ignition, all were clean with can electrical spray and battery disconnected.

Driving again with a smile on my face Very Happy
Thanks for all the assistance on this forum Bow down

Post #636193 6th Jul 2022 7:57pm
Googs

Australia 

That’s great news Darryl, how long or how many miles have you travelled without problems popping up?
Do the steering wheel controls work?
Did your heated seat spring to life and work all the time?
I still thing you gremlins are related to the BCM and moisture around the contacts.
Does the rain sensor work correctly?

Sorry for so many questions Darryl, as you know I’m having similar problems….diagnosing my RR at the same time.

Post #636202 6th Jul 2022 10:06pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

There is a LR approved contact treatment - Nyogel, it works by having a high dielectric strength and a high viscosity which prevents moisture ingress and contact fretting. It's not particularly cheap but it does work very well. a company called Newgate Simms sell it in UK, ~£30 for a 25g tube.

Post #636205 6th Jul 2022 11:07pm
Darryl72

Hi Googs,
Ive traveled around 150 miles in quite short journeys, steering controls, heated seats are fine but its not rained so Im not sure on the sensor but wipers are working, I think you might be right with the moisture around contacts as since I have unplugged, cleaned/sprayed and since all seems fine.

Post #636269 7th Jul 2022 7:50pm
Googs

Australia 

Wow great news Darryl, lets hope it keeps up.

I booked my RR in to the shop to have them run their scanner on it and had the transport mode (hard code cleared) and now i have interior lights, key fob working, heated seat (drivers) all working but not the rain sensor, sound similar huh?
I’m sure it’s two different problems though, as for the rain sensor I’m going to pull the rear view mirror apart and look for faulty parts or connections as i had a new window screen fitted some months back.😎🇦🇺

Post #636275 7th Jul 2022 9:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1