Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Seat back Peltier Unit - Cooling not working - 2011 4.4 TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
garyRR

United Kingdom 
Seat back Peltier Unit - Cooling not working - 2011 4.4 TDV8

So, my driver's seat back cooling has stopped working and it's now throwing up the B1231-7A (2 eight) error.

I know in all likelihood it's the peltier cell but the error indicates the ducting has failed, which I know does happen on the seat backs so thought its worth the investigation before ordering parts.

So anyway, reading the workshop manual, it says to remove the seat from the car then remove both side trims and then you can remove the seat back. Watching powerfuluk (as much as I think some of the stuff is a bit of nonsense), their video seems to show them removing the back of the seat in situ but I'm aware that's an earlier car.

Knowing this is a common problem, can anyone tell me if it is possible to remove the seat back in situ and whether the video from powerfuluk applies to the newer cars or not? Any tips or tricks? 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #635464 25th Jun 2022 8:57pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Coincidentally I've changed the seat back Peltier & duct on mine today - perfectly do-able with the seat still fitted, took about 10 mins to get to the fan unit, another 5 mins to remove it.
There doesn't seem to be any significant differences in part numbers across the >2006- seats so the 'how to' should be applicable to yours.

Post #635468 25th Jun 2022 9:13pm
Full-fat-Lance

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

You need to take a look at this thread, particularly the first 5 or 6 pages at least: https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic44946...oled+seats

Post #635473 25th Jun 2022 10:03pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Phoenix wrote:
Coincidentally I've changed the seat back Peltier & duct on mine today - perfectly do-able with the seat still fitted, took about 10 mins to get to the fan unit, another 5 mins to remove it.
There doesn't seem to be any significant differences in part numbers across the >2006- seats so the 'how to' should be applicable to yours.

Thanks. I'll get the back off after work tomorrow.

She's (and me) been earning her keep shifting several tonnes of cement and ballast today. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #635535 26th Jun 2022 6:49pm
MartinD

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

I need to do this. Bought a replacement peltier and just need to take the seat apart and sort it. 2011 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE - 'Black Betty'
2000 4.0 P38 HSE - 'Green Goblin' - Gone.
Audi..Mini..BMW..

Post #635596 27th Jun 2022 6:56pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Ok so just done an investigation. The seats ARE different on the 2011 and the guide and video do not apply.

However, I can confirm it IS possible to remove the seat back with the seat in situ.

However, I can confirm the back Peltier unit works and the fault is with my thermistor on the lower unit. After a battery disconnect, both units sprung into life for cooling however, as soon as I selected heat, the error came up on the IID tool and the seat control module must then deactivate the seat because despite clearing the fault, neither peltier unit would either heat or cool.... a quick battery disconnect and reconnect seems to reset the seat ECU and the peltier units will cool again. So, my issue is in fact the thermistor in my seat base peltier. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #635599 27th Jun 2022 7:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1