Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Gear box Judder
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue
Gear box Judder

Well Its happened again....and I know there is loads of threads on this topic.

Towing my old D1 to my daughters boyfriends workshop, the RR did not like 30 ish mph traveling up some hills, the steep hills seem fine with no juddering and pulling well. After dropping the D1 and then go and collect some hay on the flat bed, no juddering, nothing, so thinking its a one off ......
Sadly not, towing my horse in the box yesterday, the juddering was back at.....low speed, 25 -30 ish mph but only did it 3 or 4 times.
Now the last gearbox service, filter and oil change was April 2015..... I think its time to do another and add some Dr Tranny this time, any long term reviews on this additive?
The old girl has done 118k and been an early FF she still going strong and pulling my ladies (horses) around. If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #621504 26th Jan 2022 10:14pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Mine juddered at 125k so added two tubes of dr tranny and run it to 175k and then changed the gearbox oil and added another 2 tubes after it slightly came back, now on 185k and still like a Swiss watch no issues, don’t listen to the few privates that don’t agree, give it a whirl if it’s caught early and as I’ve found out still runs great and it’s used daily and has a bit of welly at times you’ve nothing to lose 👍 _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #635620 28th Jun 2022 1:32am
diesel Dave

England 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Ditto with the Dr Tranny, stopped mine from juddering for 50k miles on a 2009 TDV8, I wouldn’t say it actually fixes anything but rather nurses it and sure buys you time. It’s the cheapest place to start and a real bonus if it works Thumbs Up

Post #635627 28th Jun 2022 8:43am
Fox889

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

If you want to go down the ‘Dr’ route, don’t forget that you only get about 40% of the gearbox oil out when you change the oil & filter, that means you’ll still be using 60% of the manky oil.
You could try a mega flush, 99% of the oil removed this would then give your box a better chance?
Or, change the oil & filter, drive 1000 miles & do the same, do this a couple of times & you’ll have a better chance of removing more of the manky oil.
Your choice, just trying to help. 2012 Orkney Grey Westminster 4.4TDV8 with Ivory interior.........nice!
BMW R1200GS
Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Just one Montesa now, 349 White Wonder
Austin A40 Farina MK2
1975 Morris Marina 1.8TC

Post #635628 28th Jun 2022 9:44am
Jayk69

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

I was told when i had GB fail on my TD6 if i had serviced it and added some additive as soon as i noticed the judder it would have added to the life of the box. Personally i would have it flushed and add the additive see how you go nothing to loose really 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - Current
2014 Navara V6 - Gone
2004 Vogue TD6 - Gone
Grand Cherokee - Gone
Discovery V8 (LPG) - Gone
Discovery TD5 - Gone

Post #635629 28th Jun 2022 9:49am
Scottyav

Fox889 wrote:
If you want to go down the ‘Dr’ route, don’t forget that you only get about 40% of the gearbox oil out when you change the oil & filter, that means you’ll still be using 60% of the manky oil.
You could try a mega flush, 99% of the oil removed this would then give your box a better chance?
Or, change the oil & filter, drive 1000 miles & do the same, do this a couple of times & you’ll have a better chance of removing more of the manky oil.
Your choice, just trying to help.

When we did mine we got close on 90% out on the 3.6 tdv8 when we checked and re filled with new sump and filter 👍 _____________________________________________________

Post #635669 28th Jun 2022 7:10pm
Scottyav

Click image to enlarge

Got about 2 and a bit litres left in this tub after changing the box oil on the ramp and leaving it to drain a few hours _____________________________________________________

Post #635674 28th Jun 2022 7:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1