Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L460) > Delivery times
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 23 of 50 <123 ... 222324 ... 484950>
Print this entire topic · 
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

EdJ
I would really appreciate it if you would start a separate thread detailing your experiences with your L405 P400e
Yours is my dream car, Balmoral Blue,.
Sorry for your new order delay, but take care of your L405 for a little longer while I keep saving up Rolling with laughter
Mike. G reg 2.5VM Vogue Portofino red 1991- 1999
V reg 2.5td P38 Rioja red 1999- 2006
53 reg td6 Vogue Oslo blue 2006- 2015
11 reg 4.4 TdV8 Vogue SE. Baltic blue 2015- date.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56162...tty+affair

Post #635708 29th Jun 2022 10:49am
Yousif

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

EdJ wrote:
I chased my dealer this week regarding my PHEV order. Still no news, and no idea about when that will change. Very frustrating.

As I posted in my Nick Miller (Head of the L460 project who gave a talk recently at Warwick University) thread, production of the PHEV is due to commence at the end of June i.e. about now. I expect it will be a while before we hear anything more but the good news is that the US, China and MENA regions don't really go in for PHEVs apparently so perhaps more for us.

I was told to expect around March 2023 when I ordered my P440e HSE (with no options) back in early Feb.

Post #635710 29th Jun 2022 11:53am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Thanks Mike for your kind words! I do love my Balmoral Blue L405 - the colour is wonderful, and from what I can see, quite rare (not surprising as it was a crazily expensive option - the best part of £5k I believe?)

It's also a nicely spec'd car with just about every option. The only ones it is missing is the top spec stereo (which I had on my previous L405 and despite being a hifi nerd, I don't really miss) and the tow bar (at the time you could not spec a retractable tow bar with the PHEV). I think it was a Land Rover car initially and I purchased it 2-3 months after it had been registered. It's just nudged past 30k miles, with most of the short journeys on electric only.

Anyway, all moot right now as it doesn't look like I'll be selling it any time soon! 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #635712 29th Jun 2022 11:57am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Censored

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2022-r...530-4-4-v8 letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #635983 3rd Jul 2022 6:30pm
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

What’s the retail on that ?

Post #635985 3rd Jul 2022 6:39pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

From what I can see 7CDB, about £147k - So, circa £9k profit.

Hardly going to make the speculators rich, and it's going to get much, much tougher in the coming months. Used car prices are definitely on the turn.

There's around 50!!! - 2022 MY Range Rover's for sale at present on Autotrader, all with premiums which seem to be shrinking by the day.

Similarly, there's currently 73, 2020 to 2022 992 / 911 Turbo S cars for sale on Autotrader.

I think a lot of people are going to get their fingers burnt in the coming months - At best, they'll sell for cost, or slightly above.

Post #636011 3rd Jul 2022 11:36pm
Dixy

Not convinced you are totally correct.
First thing that has changed is as I drove my 405 off the forecourt it lost £10k, so to do 1000 miles and make 9 aint to shabby. Not a business model but acceptable as a punt.
Secondly if price is a function of supply and all car makers are struggling with numbers there is likely to be a 2 or 3 year hole that will take a while to even out. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #636014 4th Jul 2022 7:08am
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

aja500 wrote:
From what I can see 7CDB, about £147k - So, circa £9k profit.

Hardly going to make the speculators rich, and it's going to get much, much tougher in the coming months. Used car prices are definitely on the turn.

There's around 50!!! - 2022 MY Range Rover's for sale at present on Autotrader, all with premiums which seem to be shrinking by the day.

Similarly, there's currently 73, 2020 to 2022 992 / 911 Turbo S cars for sale on Autotrader.

I think a lot of people are going to get their fingers burnt in the coming months - At best, they'll sell for cost, or slightly

above.

I thought around £10k - so about right, not really worth the hassle and “profits” will only diminish over the next few months with the exception of the first PHEV’s that come through as these will be the where the real sales/demand will be. But, even then I think the new FFRR will end up as a decent slow depreciator for a few years at best. For a nice change!
I’ve made (not lost as much 😂) money on my last couple of premium cars, Merc and Porsche- but this doesn’t make up any where near enough of the thousands £ lost over the years 😱😱😱
But, that’s the game we play to have nice things.

For me now, having a PHEV 510AB on order and with recently getting into a new X5 PHEV, can for once sit back enjoy what I’ve got and if and when the new one turns up. Decide if we want it or not without the extra need/want for the latest thing as this has passed now, leaving a decision whether or not we really need a £140k Range Rover with the increase in the uncertainty of everything!
I may finally make a car decision based on my head rather than heart 😂😂😂😂 probably not…..

Either way, the buzz has dropped off quite considerably compared to 6/8months ago. We will see, I priced up “our spec” again last week online and it’s now almost £6k more than when we ordered it. This along with the inevitable £10k loss now on the X5 plus deposit means it will cost me a minimum of £30k to change into the new Range Rover, can I afford it? yes luckily. Do I want to afford it when I’ve got a perfectly good new X5 PHEV, that works, will not let me down……..not decided as yet. I suspect many others will be feeling the same and the dealers have not helped this along at all.
Why not invite the customers with orders placed along to drive the new car, to the LR driving experience, invite them to a few demos of the new car to keep the buzz there ??

Because, that don’t have to, full order books and a flow of customers……for now

Post #636016 4th Jul 2022 7:34am
Dixy

The day after tomorrow will be the first anniversary of me placing the order for a 911, an itch I have had for 40 years.
Phone call today to tell me I have a build slot, yippee.
December, boo.
Delivery Jan Feb ish possibly maybe.
Ho hum, but first world problems.

The big question is will the 460 do any better? letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #636030 4th Jul 2022 10:13am
aja500

Dixy wrote:
Not convinced you are totally correct.
First thing that has changed is as I drove my 405 off the forecourt it lost £10k, so to do 1000 miles and make 9 aint to shabby. Not a business model but acceptable as a punt.
Secondly if price is a function of supply and all car makers are struggling with numbers there is likely to be a 2 or 3 year hole that will take a while to even out.

Yes, there is that, but there are other factors at play here.

Firstly, as interest rates creep up, cheap finance will become a thing of the past, just as manufacturer deposit contributions have already.

Secondly, when many people start to look at the price of their energy and weekly food bills, they'll begin to realise that this extra was paying for their wife's Range Rover Sport, or similar, so such luxuries will no longer be as easily affordable.

All in all, people will start to ask the question, "do I really need that new Range Rover", or more likely "do I have the spare cash to buy that new Range Rover".

So, with this in mind, are there going to be enough people out there to still be desperate to buy them?

More importantly, going back to my original point, will these potential buyers still think it's a good idea to buy one with a £10k, £20k or £30k premium?........ I'd say it's highly unlikely, and the increasing number of cars available for sale in the Classifieds seems to reinforce that, even at this very early stage.

Ultimately, I suppose none of us really know......... Time will tell, but that's my hunch.

Post #636056 4th Jul 2022 7:34pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Landrover have never had any problems selling all the full-sized / full-blooded Range Rovers they build, other models have ebbed and flowed in and out of storage parcs over the years.

Post #636059 4th Jul 2022 7:46pm
aja500

Firstly, we're moving into very different times, which I think will see a change over the next 12 months.

Secondly, JLR have never sold these cars with a premium of £10k - £30k in excess of RRP, which is what we're talking about here.

And finally, if what you're saying is correct and JLR have always sold these cars with such ease, why have they offered Finance Deposit Contributions and Reduced Rate Finance (pre Covid) for as long back as I can remember?

Surely that wouldn't have been necessary would it?

Post #636060 4th Jul 2022 7:57pm
Dixy

aja500 wrote:

Ultimately, I suppose none of us really know......... Time will tell, but that's my hunch.

You may well be right, for those of us in a fortunate position as not be too affected either way the fun is in calling it. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #636063 4th Jul 2022 8:38pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Well, like most premium manufacturers, they have the 'old money' who will buy as they always have, with their earned or inherited income, on their own schedule, come hell or high water.
Finance is generally aimed at those aspirational purchasers or those who can (for example) afford a RRS but are tempted by the FFRR parked next to it in the showroom and just need a bit of a good finance deal to tip them over into aspirational territory. JLR would be foolish to not offer similar terms to other manufacturers they are competing against, they need to be on a level playing field for those that want to buy into the brand and it's values.

That's how I see it and experience it on a daily basis, the market may well be changing - I'm not in sales so not exposed daily to the changes in buying trends, the reality is, there are very positive feelings about the short to medium term future - no-one who works in the dealerships really cares beyond that, however, the 'message' from the directors is positive regarding their longer-term outlook.

Post #636064 4th Jul 2022 8:48pm
aja500

Dixy wrote:
aja500 wrote:

You may well be right, for those of us in a fortunate position as not be too affected either way the fun is in calling it.

You're right Dixy, it'll be interesting to see how things pan out.

Personally, I hope car prices do fall....... I used to love looking through Autotrader and Pistonheads, searching for a bargain. Those fun day are currently long gone.

Post #636068 4th Jul 2022 9:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 23 of 50 <123 ... 222324 ... 484950>