Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Rear Seat Stuck in down position
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rockodrama

United States 
Rear Seat Stuck in down position

My seat is stuck and neither of the incline buttons (in rear boot and side of seat) will seem to make the seat move. I can hear a relay clicking when i move either of the buttons so i assume its getting power. I cant figure out how to remove the seat being that its stuck in the bottom position. any guidance would help. thx.

Post #635795 30th Jun 2022 8:18pm
karba78

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8 Baltic Blue

you may have to short the wires that go to the electronic box below the foot under the carpet in front of the seat.
getting the schema in the wiki should help you 2013 L405 V8 5.0 Aspirated Autobiography
gone 2005 LR3 V8 4.4 HSE
1999 TD5 Defender

Post #635840 1st Jul 2022 3:27pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Try moving the front seat all the way forward then try again with rear seat 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #635843 1st Jul 2022 4:25pm
marcochezzi

South Africa 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

My right rear portion does the same..

The only solution I have found is to leave the vehicle with the upper tailgate open, then go away for 15 minutes..

By the time you come back the vehicle 'should' have gone completely to sleep, if not, leave it longer.. don't open doors, don't push remote buttons..

I then push and hold the 'up' buttons in the boot (reason for open upper tailgate) and while holding the buttons depressed, I push the 'door open' button on the remote..

This 'wakes' the vehicle, and for reasons that only the Gods of LR design will understand, the seatback comes back up..

Note however..: If the vehicle is not in its full 'sleep state' i.e. any internal lights, screens or displays are on, this will not work..

Good luck

Post #636088 5th Jul 2022 6:05am
rockodrama

United States 

this rear seat is giving me a massive pain LOL. Today, Ive managed to remove the front seat, to work my way under the carpet to remove the rear seat module (looked a little corroded so i cleaned it up), and struggling abit trying to read the wiring diagram to see which harness/wire i need to try to give some power to. I will keep reviewing the manual over next few days. In the meantime, I'm going to put everything back together and pray to the LR Gods your trick works @marcochezzi Big Cry

Post #636128 5th Jul 2022 7:42pm
rockodrama

United States 

No luck, I think I’ve tried to jump every wire I see in the schema that says recline/incline with no results. Will insert pic if anyone has any guidance. It appears someone has already spliced something on the wire harness that goes into the module. My last attempt is gonna be take the right rear seat module out swap it and see if the seat lifts if that works I’ll try to wire both seats to the same circuit. So both buttons raise both seats. Will keep updated.

Post #636197 6th Jul 2022 7:42pm
marcochezzi

South Africa 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

Sorry to hear my trick did not work for you rockodrama..

Keeping things super simple have you checked all the fuses in the back when you remove the right boot panel, some of those fuses have to do with the seat electronics.. one never knows..

Before I discovered my little trick purely by chance I would remove certain fuses which also somehow reset the system and allow my seat back to return… but it’s a proper pita in my opinion, much less practical than on my 322, which is why I was super happy to discover my little trick..

Just by the way, the other day I needed to carry some large kit which necessitated complete removal of the rear seats, there are 2 wiring connectors under each seat cushion..

I’m not entirely sure what the connectors are for, but unplugging the connectors stops all seat operations, just maybe one of those connectors are problematic, problem is getting to them with the seat down is not possible, certainly not for me anyway…

Apologies of the poor photo quality, it’s 1.30 am and using the iPad as a camera with no flash…

Post #636213 6th Jul 2022 11:30pm
rockodrama

United States 

Still trying smh. Ended up going through the back of the seat to try to turn the axel that controls the recline/incline can't seem to move it with vice grips either direction or find a release on either side.

Post #636621 10th Jul 2022 10:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1