Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Issue with iPod Bluetooth Connection Through Bovee and Inver
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Roverte

Issue with iPod Bluetooth Connection Through Bovee and Inver

Hoping to get some suggestions on how to diagnose the problem I'm having with the iPod connection in my 2012 with the rear seat entertainment system.

I've tried two different Bovee devices and an Invery and nothing works -- my iPhone pairs just fine but the car doesn't detect anything connected when I select iPod on the head unit. I've confirmed that I have multiple songs downloaded in the Apple Music app. I've tried another iPhone and deleting and repairing the devices in my Bluetooth settings but nothing works.

Interestingly, I found an old iPad in the house with a 30-pin connector and that works just fine when directly connected to the iPod connection. The music on that iPad is accessible and I can control it with the steering wheel controls.

I happen to have an official Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter so I tried using that to connect my iPhone, but that doesn't work. When I do plug in my iPhone using the adapter I get the exact same errors as with the Bovee and Invery devices.

Possibly related -- and the only other potentially relevant errors that comes up when I scan for codes -- are:
-- U0010-88: Audio Front Control Module -- Medium speed CAN communication bus (intermittent and does not automatically come back after clearing codes)
-- B1D50-93: Rear Entertainment Control Module -- DVD unit (permanent)

I have no need for the DVD player but looked into it thinking it might be related to my iPod connection issues. The DVD player was not getting any power because nothing happened when I pressed the eject button to remove the DVD changing cassette. I went to the fuse box and, sure enough, there was no fuse in F64. Replaced the fuse expecting that either (a) prior owner borrowed that fuse for something else that blew so replacing it would bring the system to life or (b) fuse was pulled because there was a battery drain or short. Interestingly, nothing happened. Everything has continued to operate as it was and battery doesn't appear to have a drain (have left the car for several days without an issue).

I would really appreciate any suggestions or ideas on how to proceed with diagnosing this. In particular, I'm struggling with how my directly connected iPad works but using the Apple 30-pin to lightning connector does not. I don't need the DVD player but if anyone has thoughts on how to fix it, that would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Post #637568 22nd Jul 2022 1:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1