Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Loadspace Capacity Question - Height greater in PHEV variant
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba
Loadspace Capacity Question - Height greater in PHEV variant

I've just noticed that the the loadspace height in the standard wheelbase PHEV (the P510e) is 100mm greater at 946mm than that of the LWB (P440e) at 846mm.

The extra 100mm will be a real bonus for our tall dogs if correct - However, 100mm more internal boot height in the standard car seems quite a lot to me. Does anybody know if this is right, or being one digit out, could this perhaps be a typo (should the 9 have been a 8?).

The non PHEV cars have a loadspace height of 845.8mm but these cars have a full size spare option, whereas the PHEV doesn't - Could the extra height come from the space saved by the removal of full size spare wheel option?

Would be great to hear if anybody knows.

Many thanks

Post #637448 20th Jul 2022 9:18pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Surely the load space height now means there is now 100mm less space height wise for your dogs?
Makes sense the batteries taking up more space. Best to look at the volume data to confirm 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #637477 21st Jul 2022 10:20am
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Re: Loadspace Capacity Question - Height greater in PHEV var

aja500 wrote:
The non PHEV cars have a loadspace height of 845.8mm but these cars have a full size spare option, whereas the PHEV doesn't - Could the extra height come from the space saved by the removal of full size spare wheel option?

Good observation reg the difference in storage heights, aja500! Seems plausible that it's related with full size spare or not. I guess the non-PHEV variants that doesn't have full size spare wheel then will have roomier under-boot-floor compartment than the PHEV-variants, since the boot floor for the PHEV variants will as standard be appr 10cm lower than the floor for the non-PHEV variants? The first PHEV vehicles should be delivered shortly to the first customers / dealers, hopefully we'll get answers for such specific questions in a few weeks time.

Post #637483 21st Jul 2022 11:53am
aja500

Thank you Kot and Eirik34 for your comments.

Good points raised by both..... When you compare the P440e LWB I have on order, against the P510e standard wheelbase which ordered in addition yesterday, the P510e shows an extra 100mm maximum rear loadspace height which is what will give the dogs an extra 10cm if correct - Good point you make though Kot about checking the capacity in litres, these figures are the same, which doesn't make sense if there's an increased height!

That is unless, Eirik34's good observation regarding underfloor space, is included within this litres calculation.

To be fair, it's probably a question none of us can answer, until the first cars come through, hopefully they'll arrive soon Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #637488 21st Jul 2022 12:20pm
Ricky510e

United Kingdom 

Hi all,
I am a newcomer to the forum, but I thought I might chip-in on this.
I believe that the difference in height dimension being referred to is a misprint in the 510e specifications.
The battery pack is located well away from the boot order floor area in MLB chassis.
It is low down between the axles and therefore is unlikely to have any effect on the boot height.
All other measurements are the same except for a minor rounding in some figures.

I am awaiting a 510e ATB ordered on 27th January, but no date available yet, otherwise I might have been able to measure it for you.

Kind regards

Post #637769 24th Jul 2022 9:55pm
aja500

Thanks Ricky.

I agree, it certainly does look suspicious and may well be a misprint in the technical spec.

However, what I'm hoping, is that the absence from the configurator, for the customer to specify a full size spare wheel for under the rear floor, will see the rear floor level drop lower, thereby giving a greater distance between the rear floor and headlining - If that makes sense.

Hopefully one will be delivered in the not too distant future to clarify Thumbs Up

Post #637837 25th Jul 2022 8:44pm
Ricky510e

United Kingdom 

Hi aja500,

Thanks for your reply.

I think the gain if a full size spare is not specified will just be a larger space under the boot floor hinged flap.
Quite a few vehicles have these spaces for stuff you want to keep in the car but out of sight and for infrequent use.

I personally would be extremely pleased if the 510e boot height beneath the auto retracting cover was 100mm more than the non PHEV, because I need lots of space for golf gear etc., but I am not hopeful.
As you say, ‘the proof will be in the pudding’ when we can see a 510e in the metal and measure it.
I actually measured the height in a non PHEV HSE demonstrator on Saturday and it was 440mm from floor to underside of the retractable cover.
I have this demonstrator HSE booked for an extended test drive a week today.

I hope this is of further assistance.

Post #637844 25th Jul 2022 10:00pm
aja500

Thanks Ricky - I think you're probably right about the space increasing under the floor with the spare wheel not being present.

I also suspect, if the rear floor were to be situated lower in the PHEV variant, this would lead to other elements of rear trim having to change to allow for this, something you think the manufacturer would try to avoid. So, a typo in the brochure technical specification seems most likely.

I still remain hopeful that it's not a typo though, as the extra height would be very useful, stranger things have happened.

Post #637860 26th Jul 2022 5:52am
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

aja500 wrote:
I also suspect, if the rear floor were to be situated lower in the PHEV variant, this would lead to other elements of rear trim having to change to allow for this, something you think the manufacturer would try to avoid. So, a typo in the brochure technical specification seems most likely.

I agree with you, Aja500. Even if we would have appreciated to have 10cm extra height in the boot for our PHEV models, most likely that will not happen due to the added trim complexity (versatile floor ++).

Post #637874 26th Jul 2022 9:40am
James W

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Siberian Silver

And not just a different rear trim required, but the lower tailgate wouldn't be flush with the boot floor! So I'd be pretty sure it's a typo. FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #637876 26th Jul 2022 9:51am
aja500

I think you're both right Eirik34 and James W Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #637902 26th Jul 2022 10:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1