Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > The L460 resale market
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba
The L460 resale market

I'm watching this market with interest and waiting to see where this all ends up.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but only a couple of months ago, there were literally single figures, around 5-8 of these delivery / low mileage cars being offered for sale. Today I notice on Autotrader, that there is 77 cars currently being offered which are 22MY (1 or 2 may be late L405's) but all are being offered with huge premiums, and I'm beginning to wonder, are they really selling?

Of course, they'll always be a small number of people for who money is no object, and therefore they will pay a £20k to £30k premium to get one first but these people are not the norm, and the more these cars start to filter through, the more I suspect these premiums are going to significantly dwindle. I also expect that lower spec'd cars, or those with less desirable colour combinations will hang around for some time.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if by mid to late August, they'll be over 100 of these cars for sale on Autotrader.

Combine this rapidly growing availability with the cost of living crisis and I think it's going to be an interesting one!

Post #638028 28th Jul 2022 6:38am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Agree with your findings but mostly they are lower SE and HSE dealer spec’s cars, most people, I believe, who will pay a premium want the AB version of which there aren’t that many.
I’m aiming to sell my soon to be delivered Autobiography after around 6 months for close to list once my PHEV turns up which will be a keeper but maybe the market will have turned against me by then, who knows.

Post #638047 28th Jul 2022 11:33am
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

I think you'll definitely get your money back Andy. I also think smaller, more realistic premiums on new cars with instant availability will continue for some time yet.

However, I think in the future, as the number of available cars continues to increase, the L460 market will become more saturated and therefore more competitive. The result will likely be that premiums will be nearer the £5-£10k mark, not the ridiculous £20-£30k's which we're currently seeing.

Like yourself Andy, I also have two cars on order, one is a P440e Autobiography LWB, the other a P510e Autobiography standard wheelbase. I'm watching with interest, as if the madness continues I'll collect both cars, if not, I'll only collect one and let the dealer shift the other.

Post #638087 28th Jul 2022 5:15pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

AJ

I think you are right . The froth will go. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #638326 31st Jul 2022 10:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1