Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > New Windscreen - What to Check?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black
New Windscreen - What to Check?

I’m having a new windscreen fitted to my L405 later today by Autoglass in Gloucester Confused

I’m hoping to stay & watch them whilst it’s being fitted (appreciating they may not be keen for me to do so!) and I’m wondering what I need to check before leaving their depot, auto-wipers for a start but is there anything else?

I believe the ACC sensor / radar / forward alert / emergency braking etc is in the front bumper, so shouldn’t be affected?

I’ll run a fault scan with the iid before & after, but is there anything else I need to check?

Post #638814 6th Aug 2022 7:28am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Some Autoglass guys are fantastic and others not so good.

I have had three or four replacements over 15 years. Never ever a problem with the fitting… a reluctance to put in like for like.\
Double check before they start, simply by asking them, is it the same, as JLR do different specs for the 405 They check using the registration number .

If it doesn’t work ie not fitted not heating , I’m sure Autoglass will put it right Big company with a reputation.

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #638826 6th Aug 2022 10:15am
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

Thanks Bill, unfortunately I’ve already had a row with Admiral insurance around the genuine versus aftermarket screen and I’ve lost, they’re flat refusing to stump up for a genuine screen on the basis “the vehicle is over 3 years old”. They did offer an upgrade to a genuine screen if I pay the difference…..£900!!

Having checked my policy wording, it states non-genuine glass may be fitted at their discretion, so I’ve reluctantly accepted it’ll be an AGS branded screen, which I believe is made by the wider company that owns Autoglass.

They’re aware of the spec. being acoustic / heated / auto-wipers, but I’ll double check before they start the job.

Post #638830 6th Aug 2022 10:25am
Bill

United Kingdom 

No over three years old, none of them accept.

FFRR windscreens are a bit of an issue with the insurance companies , maybe they are vulnerable due to size height and angle. So keep the right side of them.

I really wouldn’t worry about a non RR part being fitted. I went through the argument with the insurance company , won, then Autoglass ordered the RR part in, and fitted the standard one. Was fine. Didn’t want to change it again as perfectly fitted, to be fair, they did offer to do so.

When the same windscreen broke (12 inch lump of angle iron off the road spun by a lorry tyre) about a year later a different Autoglass shop, said, this isn’t the right window, do you want it replacing with a proper spec one… !!!!!!

Never had an issue with the quality of work… Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #638832 6th Aug 2022 10:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1