Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Matty my 2005 TD6 Accidental Purchase Monster
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey
Matty my 2005 TD6 Accidental Purchase Monster

Today, while out on a job, funnily enough to do a job on this one, somehow I ended up taking it part exchange.
So as of Saturday, I own this 2005 Rat look Range Rover L322 2.9 TDi Vogue. No primer was used when it was painted like this so considering working out how to remove the paint.

Last edited by green-oval-nut on 31st Oct 2022 3:55pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #637751 24th Jul 2022 6:09pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Is it paint or a vinyl wrap? 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #637788 25th Jul 2022 7:24am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
Re: Haven't thought of a good title for this yet.

He said.....

green-oval-nut wrote:
No primer was used when it was painted like this

So I guess it's paint... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #637798 25th Jul 2022 12:09pm
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I'd nickname it ' Matty'. Rolling with laughter

Post #637801 25th Jul 2022 12:54pm
green-oval-nut

I picked it up this morning, went straight to collect a trailer, and within 250 yards, the suspension dropped, I can't connect to the Diagnostics with proper Land Rover or aftermarket diagnostics. I used to be able to when I have been to this car before, The diagnostics recognises the car, but won't connect to any systems. It has just had a new suspension strut on the front passenger side, I ran out of motivation to do anything else today, so dragged the trailer home and after trying to run diagnostics, just went indoors. I was supposed to be driving to York tomorrow, but that is definitely not happening now. Chances are, I will end up in my Discovery now to do the York run. But tomorrow and Sunday are definitely going to be fun, as I have to do roughly 250 miles, just moving cars from London, Sussex and in Kent to my new Premises. So at least everything will be localised to one location.

I have 2 feesable options with this Range Rover, I met the owner of company today who told me how much he would charge labour, if I supplied the materials to repaint the Range Rover, I am tempted. So 1 option is to change the colour completely and I am considering white, or restore the old paint. For now though, it can stay as it is.

Starting to panic a little bit now as ALL of my tow vehicles again are broken Rolling Eyes
So this one will have to do what I got it for on its backside.

Post #638201 29th Jul 2022 5:26pm
MR GLOVER

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

You love a project Thumbs Up good look

Post #638210 29th Jul 2022 8:21pm
green-oval-nut

Thanks

Post #638296 30th Jul 2022 10:19pm
green-oval-nut

Today this poor little beast has been used and abused. I believe the suspension ECU is faulty so managed to get another one today. But had to use it as it is with the suspension down. But it has done really well, moved a car transporting trailer, a little off roading, dragged then pushed my Navara on to the drive Rolling with laughter I am actually really enjoying using this car.

I hope to find time tomorrow to fit the ECU, but with the new business premises being set up, I most likely won't have time.

Post #638297 30th Jul 2022 10:35pm
CongoBoy

South Africa 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

You all need to sleep if not you'll be on the "who's got insomnia" page!
Good Luck GON I follow with interest your posts here and on the D3 forum! 2005 FFRR SC Java Black with Overfinch Exhaust (UK)
2008 D3 HSE Stornoway Grey (UK)
2008 D3 HSE Izmir Blue (ZA/Zimbabwe)
1995 D1 300 Tdi (Zimbabwe)

Post #638298 30th Jul 2022 10:37pm
green-oval-nut

Thanks, and yes, with all the stress of the new business, my business partner catching covid leaving me to do all the work at the moment has lead to me hardly sleeping, I think at some point on Friday, I can allow the exhaustion to set in and I might actually get a whole nights sleep. But this weekend has been all about moving cars that I had parked all over Essex, London, Kent and Sussex as well as buying more and putting them all in one place, which the premises was supposed to atleast have the parking ready by today, so now my premises Landlord has a ton of motors on his driveway, tomorrow I may have time at some point to swap the ecu's over, but got building works to sort out, collect 3 more vehicles, and then move all of the vehicles I parked today onto the new site. Luckily the landlords property is next door. And in addition to this one, I have 7 vehicles to get fixed and some sold. This one was initially ear marked for being sold on cheap, but I knew it to well, and after driving it, just knew it had to stay Rolling with laughter Oh and not to mention that I let slip that the rental cost of the business premises was double that of our house so now in the dog house Rolling with laughter

Roll on Sunday.... Just want to get the day over and done with!

Post #638301 30th Jul 2022 11:07pm
green-oval-nut

I have put the grill from my last Range Rover on this one now, and now I have changed the Air Suspension ECU, got the suspension to raise, but still can't get any diagnostics to connect to it, every fuse has been checked, done a hard reset, and even though the front left strut, airbag and height sensor have all been replaced, that corner is still staying down. Today got too hot so my brain stopped working as for the normal trouble shooting process I go through in my head. I also tried chucking another compressor on to see if that would work, a used one, but that only helped get it to raise to normal height. So tomorrow I am rebuilding the original compressor to see if that helps with anything, But I now suspect the BCM might be faulty. I am confident that I have a spare one, so will try that tomorrow as well. My mate who was in the car behind me sent me a photo as we were leaving work of how my car is sitting.

Click image to enlarge

Post #639322 11th Aug 2022 6:37pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Envious that you are capable of taking on such a project…. Things just have to work in my life. Good luck…Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #639326 11th Aug 2022 6:49pm
green-oval-nut

I had planned on spending the afternoon working on the Range Rover, but with the new workshop still in the back of the van waiting to be built and it being too hot to really do anything, I thought after transporting quarter of a ton of sand in the back of the RR, to rebuild the compressor, it was in a shocking state inside, never seen anything like it considering I have done over 100 of these. This one had bad moisture and sticky residue in addition to the normal wear and tear, so I tore the entire pump apart and cleaned, dried and replaced everything that was replaceable including modifying the external filter that gets blocked. So now it has all new seals, piston ring, drier balls etc... then it felt like someone ramped the temperature right up again and a neighbouring resident to the work site decided to light a bonfire Censored Banging Head Censored so decided at that point, to close the business and site for the day and go home and enjoy the aircon in the house Very Happy
As the site is still in the process of being built, my campervan is my office and light duty workshop Laughing

Tomorrow I have to go and figure out what is wrong with someone elses Range Rover, then hopefully will get back to working on mine on Sunday.

Post #639419 12th Aug 2022 4:17pm
green-oval-nut

Finally gotten around to tinkering with this beast again, I hired an apprentice and decided to let him have fun and do my own cars before being let loose on customers cars. Since I last posted, the 20” stormers that used to be on my V8 are now on this one, and the same exhaust backboxes are in the process of being fitted. This will be finished tomorrow morning.

But, this Range Rover will take a bit of a back seat as I have bought another 2002 V8 which is being converted to a convertible truck. I will be starting a diary for that soon, but the work has already started. It won’t be road legal though, it will be a show car and off roader.

Post #646661 27th Oct 2022 9:53pm
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

good to see you back on deck RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #646860 30th Oct 2022 12:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>