Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > MOT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Chrali

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey
MOT

I had my L322 booked in for its MOT with just a couple of days to go, but when I turned up the garage wasn't sure if they'd be able to fit me in, as their mechanics are swamped with more people repairing their existing cars instead of buying new ones.

They were so concerned being an 10 year + old Range Rover and all, they looked up my MOT history which helped; as its never failed, so they took the chance on it.

This was my first MOT on this vehicle, so you never know what you're getting, but happily it passed with no worries and no advisories.

I was happy with it being under £200 for fitting the lower control arms, tracking and MOT. Very Happy Encourage alternative fuels, use all the petrol!
2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 TDV8
2006 Mercedes GL420 CDI
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2006 Jeep Commander 3.0 CDI with GDE HOT Tune
1997 Nissan Patrol 4.2 GRSE
1995 Vauxhall Monterey Diamond 3.2 v6
1994 Range Rover 4.2 LSE Beluga Black, Softdash, Brooklands Body Kit - Loved it!
1993 Range Rover 4.2 LSE ended up converted to 300tdi

Post #640239 19th Aug 2022 8:25pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

In the last week, our MoT bay has had the usual vanity plates presented for test - which usually fail, along with EML illuminated (fail) SRS warnings (another fail) tyres down to the cords - on the outside edge, so no excuse of not visible (unsurprisingly a fail), the winner was front and rear brakes metal-to-metal, I don't think I've seen that before.
People are losing the ability to carry out basic checks, let alone maintenance, it's no wonder the testers are apprehensive about older cars....

Post #640240 19th Aug 2022 8:33pm
Chrali

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Our garages problem with all these repairs is they can't get more mechanics for love nor money; so they're going to advertise with cash incentives, and yes, they are primarily MOT failure type repairs. Encourage alternative fuels, use all the petrol!
2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 TDV8
2006 Mercedes GL420 CDI
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2006 Jeep Commander 3.0 CDI with GDE HOT Tune
1997 Nissan Patrol 4.2 GRSE
1995 Vauxhall Monterey Diamond 3.2 v6
1994 Range Rover 4.2 LSE Beluga Black, Softdash, Brooklands Body Kit - Loved it!
1993 Range Rover 4.2 LSE ended up converted to 300tdi

Post #640241 19th Aug 2022 8:48pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

A lot of the decent tech's from indies are moving into dealerships - money, conditions & hours are better (mostly) and they're not employed (or not), on the whim of the owner. We've recently took on two tech's from indies, one was on just above minimum wage and is now on a basic of £26.5k plus circa £700 productivity bonus per month.
Generally, the indie tech's have a better attitude, are more willing to find a workaround to problems and less inclined to play 'parts bingo'.
Not that many years ago, the manpower flow was the other way, TBH the motor trade is just one big merry-go-round.

Post #640242 19th Aug 2022 8:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1