Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Tyre advice please ...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
manxaircrest

Isle Of Man 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Nara Bronze
Tyre advice please ...

Hi ... running l405 v8 4.4 with turbine 22" alloys ..
No long been in the "stealers" and they report all 4 tyres need replacing.. they have 6mm centre tread and 2mm outside tread on all 4 ... this to me is classic under inflation... but I'm told they're budget tyres (davanti) and that's why ... whats generally the opinion on this .. I was thinking of running heavey load settings .. to see if can get some more from the situation .. any thoughts would be welcome... many thanks ..

Brian

Post #642674 11th Sep 2022 1:33pm
Full-fat-Lance

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Probably is under inflation. You might be able to get a few more miles out of them, but with winter approaching is it worth it? Probable better to just bite the bullet and get new boots all round.

Post #642689 11th Sep 2022 4:05pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Did your car come from factory with turbines?

The reason I ask is lots of the Chinese copied/fake sets come with budget tyres on fleabay! I would investigate and prove to myself they are genuine wheels first, before buying tyres…

If everything works out, I would fit Pirelli silent tyres… They are flipping amazing! And soooooo quiet it’s mad!

Post #642695 11th Sep 2022 5:15pm
manxaircrest

Isle Of Man 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Nara Bronze

Hi ... yes it had the turbines on from new ... I have the original suppling dealers receipt.... down its life its ended up with these davanti's on it .... my plan is to replace with perelli scorpion .... my point was that to have both edges wearing to 2mm and the centre still at 6mm .. when app 8mm is new ... I'd say under inflation .. however the tpms setting is for light load ... and is ok .. if I change setting t heavy / normal (whatever it is) .. and run them harder do we feel the ride / handling would be compromised given the already 22 inch wheels ... very best ..

Brian

Post #642700 11th Sep 2022 6:10pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

If you're expecting the outer edges to somehow lift off the road and only run on the centre of the tyre, it won't work.
All that will happen is the tyre wear will continue, but equally across the width. You're assuming the TPMS was taken any notice of (I've had vehicles in for service where the EML is illuminated but not mentioned!) Davanti's are essentially 'ditch finders', personally, I'd get rid of them as soon as I could.

Post #642707 11th Sep 2022 6:59pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

you can get 4 wheel alignment checked free at places like kwikfit/ Halfords service centres, but they charge to adjust it. this can lead to premature edge wear, so you'd want that checked before buying premium tyres. I paid 70 pounds for 4 wheel at Halfords, after ringing kwikfit, and was told its 150 pounds to align all four, with rear toe adjust.
note... this was on a different car, but was told its same price on all cars.

Post #642712 11th Sep 2022 8:06pm
TJH1985

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

I had some Divanti’s on one of my non LR cars and they were awful and also wore incredibly badly, the seller had clearly put them on for the MOT prior to sale. They did roughly 50% of the mileage of the Pilot Sports I replaced them with, and as above were pretty much ditch finders.

I’ve got Scorpion Zero all seasons on the L405 probably 10k in and they are wearing perfectly as a comparison Thumbs Up

I did have some alignment issues though, had a local place do it with a hunter machines and it still didn’t feel right, in the end a guy who does the local Porsche dealers cars did it and it was night and day to drive wasn’t cheap though. Sold - Bell a 2015 MY16 Loire Blue Autobiography 4.4 SDV8
Previously George a 2007 MY07 Java Black VSE 3.6 TDV8
Previously a 04 MY04 Defender 90 Sad

Post #642714 11th Sep 2022 8:12pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

I think I know the place you mean - the cost is basically the price of one decent tyre, well worth it in my opinion. Even more so if you've had work done that will span the life of several tyres.

Post #642718 11th Sep 2022 8:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1