Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Silica gel packs in rear boot compartment??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

It's been proven a million times over that leaving using the AC is more fuel efficient than driving with the windows open whilst you're travelling over 50 or something.

You also can throw into the mix the cost of repairing your modules that fail due to damp.

If you've noticed a decrease in power/mpg then I would say there is an issue with your system - did you run with the car at 50mph on the perfect flat for a few minutes with CC on, reset the computer, take a mote of mpg, turn on a/c and reset the computer etc etc. If not then you cant really claim a couple of mpg…. 

Post #64278 17th May 2011 1:23pm
sportin

United States 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi guys....please don't mind if I jump in for a quick question while you are on the subject of the climate control...
I have a MY06 FFRR...my climate control works just fine...temp is nice and cold.
My concern is that when I have the system on...a whining noise can be heard and it's sound increase or decreases with the engine RPM. It obviously related to when the CC system is on...in your opinion do you think this could be the compressor, belt, or a problem with the tensioner??? Or is it just normal?
Thanks for letting me jump in Bow down 2006 RR 4.4 HSE
2008 Audi A6

Post #64286 17th May 2011 2:10pm
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

dan_uk_1984 wrote:
It's been proven a million times over that leaving using the AC is more fuel efficient than driving with the windows open whilst you're travelling over 50 or something.

You also can throw into the mix the cost of repairing your modules that fail due to damp.

If you've noticed a decrease in power/mpg then I would say there is an issue with your system - did you run with the car at 50mph on the perfect flat for a few minutes with CC on, reset the computer, take a mote of mpg, turn on a/c and reset the computer etc etc. If not then you cant really claim a couple of mpg….

I never mentioned leaving any windows open?

I haven't been that critical in checking the MPG on the range, but I have noticed that turning it off increases the figure by a fair bit. I'll check it "properly" when I get chance.

FWIW - I haven't continually used the CC in the two years/25,000ish miles I've had the car and nothing has failed yet..

Likewise, all the cars I've driven over the years (private and company) have never broken down due to electrical/electronic failure. I put the A/C on when I need to. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #64303 17th May 2011 4:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123