Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Parking sensors still on in Park But dont come on in reverse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andyt109

United Kingdom 
Parking sensors still on in Park But dont come on in reverse

So I searched for this but there were page and pages of threads about parking sensors so I thought I'd made a specific one.

As per title, rear parking sensors stay on after being in reverse, and then into park. So park the car and have to manually turn them off. Then when drive away again they don't come on when put in reverse, they have to be manually switched on again. They turn off OK in drive. Reverse lights work fine. Rear sensors work fine otherwise. Front sensors disabled in CCF as two of them are dud (to do list) could this be throwing the issue up or something else?

Cheers.

Post #581673 29th Jan 2021 8:42pm
ash27

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Hi Andy,

Cannot really help but to confirm my car does the same thing (07 Supercharged). However I can confirm my front sensors are still enabled so that wont be the problem.

I have got used to turning them off and back on however the most annoying thing is when I move the car in front of our door to load the kids and associated stuff in and forget to turn them off. As I go to load the boot all I can hear is the sensors going mad Laughing

I assume a scan with the old IID tool would show something up with them but still need to add one (or the iCarsoft LR V2.0) to my collection so just dealing with it for now.

Please update if you find anything Thumbs Up I have a more pressing water leak in my front drivers footwell to sort Rolling with laughter 07 4.2 Supercharged
Previous:
2011 Volvo v70 D5 | 2009 Honda S2000 | 2010 Mazda MX5 2L | 2006 Vauxhall Astra VXR | 2002 Hyundai Coupe 2L | 2002 Saxo VTR | 1999 Saxo 1.4 | 1999 Saxo 1.1

Post #581976 1st Feb 2021 12:12pm
mandelbug

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Can confirm my 06 SC does the same. Often the wife will walk across the front of the car whilst I am waiting for her to faff about and begin cursing her because I forgot to switch them off Rolling with laughter

Post #581978 1st Feb 2021 12:16pm
rscsmith

United Kingdom 

Hi Andy

Apologies for the bump, but did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue.

Only had the car a week (07 FF TDV8). Front sensors aren't working at all, and rears stay on in Park, but work otherwise.

Thanks, Rob.

Post #642960 14th Sep 2022 7:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1