Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Software Question. (L405 Newbie, L322 veteran)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Matt Buckland

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black
Software Question. (L405 Newbie, L322 veteran)

I have downloaded latest available L405 touchscreen software via home Wi-Fi (gave up trying to get onboard SIM to be read despite the informative threads on that topic). Screen now says something like “Installing software version XXX, this does not impact use of Touch-Pro”.
Question1: does the install continue whilst ignition is off, or does everything need to be live?
Question2: screen currently seems sluggish in reacting to various selections (was fine yesterday). I assume this is because it is trying to install the update at the same time as I am asking it to jump around various screens?

Has anybody else experienced the same? L405 2017 TDV6 AB
Previous toys:
4.4 TDV8 Westminster. Santorini Black
1976 Lightweight
4.0l P38
2 Disco 3s
Lots of Jags. Confirmed JLR nut.

Post #644410 30th Sep 2022 2:38pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Read this thread:

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic63745.html

Ignition has to be on, but of course keeps turning itself off, it works OK if you watch & press the start button again.
I have it connected to my smart charger but it still pleases itself when to turn off sometimes!

Make sure your battery is in good fettle, I suspect that's what caused my problems, because after installing the new battery all the Nav update issues went away. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #644434 30th Sep 2022 6:37pm
Gremlin500

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the system is maxed out during the upload, so don't make life harder for it by trying to do other stuff at the same time, it just doesn't have that sort of processing power...... Good luck! “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #644435 30th Sep 2022 6:39pm
Matt Buckland

Great, thanks for the advice. I’ve got it hooked up to a maintenance charger, so I’ll just sit and let it do it’s thing tomorrow and keep turning ignition back on every few minutes 😳 L405 2017 TDV6 AB
Previous toys:
1976 Lightweight
4.0l P38
2 Disco 3s

Post #644440 30th Sep 2022 7:04pm
Gremlin500

@Matt:

Sorry, much of what I said refers to MAP software updates, rather than SYSTEM software updates.

I think from MY2017, the L405 is meant to be connected to your home wi-fi to do its own download directly OTA (over the air ) from the vehicle menu rather than directly via the SIM card, -did you try this?

I didn’t know that you can also do it by the USB stick method, like the maps have to be.

Others, please correct me if I’m wrong……….. Embarassed “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #644479 1st Oct 2022 12:27pm
Matt Buckland

Thanks. Yes, it was home Wi-Fi that I was using to download update, from the vehicle menu. All sorted now though, install completed and all good again 😀
Also, on a long run yesterday, the onboard SIM suddenly connected, so I think my struggles with that, were probably just down to signal in my postcode. Not sure I’ll get much use from SIM, as I tend to rely on Google maps rather than onboard Nav, but it’s good to have everything working isn’t it and it did seem to be correctly identifying locations of speed cameras on my journey yesterday.
Thanks again for your help. I’d be lost without the awesome advice on this forum! L405 2017 TDV6 AB
Previous toys:
1976 Lightweight
4.0l P38
2 Disco 3s

Post #644541 2nd Oct 2022 7:48am
Gremlin500

Great, glad you got it sorted Thumbs Up

Due to the background drain on the these vehicles, always good to remember that low battery voltage can cause all sorts of er, Gremlins! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #644542 2nd Oct 2022 7:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1