Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > 11 months later and it's collection day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bill

United Kingdom 

Congratulations Andy; Agreed it’s a step up on the 405, enjoy every moment. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #643503 21st Sep 2022 1:19pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

500 miles now and a couple of observations.
Wind noise has been mentioned a by a few testers and I agree, it's noticeable above 70mph and too intrusive, for the price point I would expect much better.
Secondly, the secondary ride is poor when you spec the 23" wheels which I believe to be the cause, interesting to hear what people observe with 22" wheels, I guess it would be better.
This car has way too much tech and I appreciate we're in 2022 but if you are like me, a not such a techie type, you may just find it a bit frustrating doing normal adjustments but with more time it might become a bit easier, I certainly don't find it intuitive.
My last gripe is the rear suspension can seem really "floaty", there's a section of road here where I live with several undulations caused by tree roots that would setup an almost slow motion bouncing in my old L405, it was quite noticeable whereas this new car is way worse, quite an unpleasant situation but lucklily I've never come across any other roads with this particular problem, I guess a feature of air suspension in isolated cases.

Overall a much improved car and I'm looking forward to some decent long trips. Current fleet:
2020 McLaren 600LT Spider
2020 Mercedes C300 Cabriolet
2023 PHEV 440 SE
1992 Lotus Esprit turbo
2017 Alpine A110

Post #644570 2nd Oct 2022 12:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12