Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Are you giving up?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
RDR

United Kingdom 

Information on timescales would definitely help with how I feel, given the value of the order it would be great if LR built a customer portal we could see our build spec and status. Even if there is no change it would be comforting to see it and be able to keep a look out for changes. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #646863 30th Oct 2022 1:16pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

CS your feedback regarding the Bentayga is interesting, the interiors are beautifully put together and as you say, the cost difference isn't huge, but I don't know how servicing costs compare. I looked at an Arnage earlier this year, its an itch I've had for a while but some of the servicing costs made me reach for a stiff drink.

AJA, in hindsight, I wished I would have gone for that Tonga Green AJV8 Petrol that we spoke about last year, the more I look at the new one, the more I think the L322 was the last true Range Rover.

I don't understand the L460, some of the things like the interior door handle are on par if not better than a Bentley but then the plastic button to open the cubby box lid is awful. I don't know whether they've moved the buttons but I didn't find how to adjust the headrest height and reach and the front of the seat cushion didn't seem to go as high as the previous L322 and L405's I've had.

I don't know how much longer Land rover can expect customer goodwill to last when the prices are going up but the spec is going down.

Post #646865 30th Oct 2022 1:26pm
FlyingTrotter

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I have also been away from the forum for some weeks as like others losing interest as the months pass with no communication from JLR/the dealer

Saw 2 in Stockbridge in Sept when fishing and one of the guns had one on a shoot a week ago - he ordered when I did in Dec 21 and got his in July

I also have thought about bailing but a mate who has a new Defender said he keeps getting calls from his dealer checking if he wants to sell and felt if I didn’t like the L460 when it eventually arrives I should be able to get out of it easy enough so have left the order running

It really is a process that has gone stale for me - the delay and lack of communication has sucked the initial excitement away - maybe it will revive as and when I get a chance to finalise the spec but maybe not

Post #646998 31st Oct 2022 8:20pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Red Merle wrote:
That’s interesting.
I’ve never looked at one (buying one isn’t an option!), but I’d never voluntarily choose to move to a straight 6 3.0 diesel, when I already have a V8 4.4.

That move in theory should be a real tough call, but as you know I had a D300 offered & after a test drive , I jumped in. Frankly the performance is fantastic, I’m convinced it’s better than the 4.4L, whatever the stats say. I will never use the top speed of 140 mph, at 40 or 70mph, the slightest twitch of the big toe and the speed is up by 10mph. The car glides at 100mph . The engine has everything I need & really very pleasantly surprised .
I would of specked a 350, just because, but that wasn’t the game turnout/offer for me at that moment.

I don’t tow, so that may be a consideration for you & for others.

Best Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #647313 4th Nov 2022 4:29pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I’ve also driven a D350 back to back with my 4.4 SDV8 (my third I think) and the D350 is a more refined alternative with the same amount of torque. I have no concerns about swapping my SDV8 for a D350 in a few weeks time. Go drive one Smile MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #647348 4th Nov 2022 7:46pm
PDLL

France 

Sadly I am going to cancel the order for my P440e, obviously this does depend on the dealer returning my €16,000 deposit!

The reason is not because of the waiting times or even the lack of any updates from the dealer but because from what I have read on the forums, certain options and standard equipment are being removed. I can see that the tailgate event suite has gone, which I did order and was the only thing my wife wanted Emoji and now reading that the audio is being downgraded to the 3D system with no reduction in price for either of these 2 options removed is too much and I suspect that more items may be removed.
Every car I have ordered for years now have always had the top audio system in and I think if the 3D system isn't great I will be very resentful about spending close to €170k on the car.

It's a pity as I've spent months and months looking forward to getting the car, I've lost count of how many videos I've watched on youtube.....

As it is, it's not all bad news for me, a month ago I went into a Mercedes dealership and they had a GLE Coupe demonstrator for sale with 900kms and a €30k saving, I bought it with a view of keeping it for the 6-7 months before my car arrived.
As I didn't order it from new I can accept some items have been removed, memory seats, phone charger, soft close doors, heated/cooled cup holders and electric steering column, I suspect that the car was possibly a customer order but was not happy with the missing items.

Overall, I am surprisingly happy with the car, my 1st Mercedes.
I do still love how the Range Rover looks and I am very jealous when I read forum members have received theirs so I may look into buying 1 again in a years' time.
I look forward to reading about people getting their cars and seeing the pictures and I hope those that are still waiting will not have to wait too long.

Post #647658 8th Nov 2022 11:29am
MarkBB7

United Kingdom 

I concur entirely PDLL and likewise have requested my deposit back. With over a year waiting and no updates on when likely to take delivery, plus the sound system downgrade and being told the tow bar would delay further was the straw that broke the camels back. It is such a shame as really wished to put faith in JLR and buy British but just lost confidence in the brand and their customer service.

On the flip side I am back in another Porsche and at the end of the day they are just cars and not worth getting stressed over.
I have enjoyed the forum and wish everyone success and enjoyment with their vehicles.

Post #647697 8th Nov 2022 7:31pm
Flugplatz

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aintree Green

Been away and far too busy on other things.

Wow, what a mess JLR seems to be making of the global issues. Have taken delivery of a couple of Porsches in the last few months, incl a much-delayed Touring. Yes, they've had supply chain issues like others, but nothing like the issues that JLR seem to be having. I went on to the configurator and almost all options seems to have evaporated..?

Out of curiosity, tried the rental service from The Out this week. The service itself is excellent, would recommend if in home counties. I tried their P440e. Crikey, I was shocked by the poor quality. Door pocket insides now a hard plastic, fuel/charging port covers now this huge, poorly moulded and flimsy thing. Three of the passenger doors rattled like a bag of spanners when shut. All for £114k. The price-quality gap is now breath-taking.

Post #647766 9th Nov 2022 6:07pm
Flugplatz

Been away and far too busy on other things.

Wow, what a mess JLR seems to be making of the global issues. Have taken delivery of a couple of Porsches in the last few months, incl a much-delayed Touring. Yes, they've had supply chain issues like others, but nothing like the issues that JLR seem to be having. I went on to the configurator and almost all options seems to have evaporated..?

Out of curiosity, tried the rental service from The Out this week. The service itself is excellent, would recommend if in home counties. I tried their P440e. Crikey, I was shocked by the poor quality. Door pocket insides now a hard plastic, fuel/charging port covers now this huge, poorly moulded and flimsy thing. Three of the passenger doors rattled like a bag of spanners when shut. All for £114k. The price-quality gap is now breath-taking.

Post #647767 9th Nov 2022 6:08pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Flugplatz wrote:

Out of curiosity, tried the rental service from The Out this week. The service itself is excellent, would recommend if in home counties. I tried their P440e. Crikey, I was shocked by the poor quality. Door pocket insides now a hard plastic, fuel/charging port covers now this huge, poorly moulded and flimsy thing. Three of the passenger doors rattled like a bag of spanners when shut. .

Interesting site the out.

No such issues with my L460 HSE Diesel , super quiet including the doors . Really extremely happy with the quality despite being my first non AB . Maybe u are unlucky and as a rented car it wasn't treated well by previous drivers. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #647781 9th Nov 2022 7:05pm
Flugplatz

The car had done under 500 miles, I was the second user...and, interesting to hear the views of the chaps at their hq on the new car.

Post #647782 9th Nov 2022 7:15pm
Crocs

Scotland 

Doesn’t sound great at all, Flugplatz. Do you think these quality issues are peculiar to the P440e?

Post #647786 9th Nov 2022 8:26pm
LeunamRR

Portugal 

Bill wrote:
Flugplatz wrote:

Out of curiosity, tried the rental service from The Out this week. The service itself is excellent, would recommend if in home counties. I tried their P440e. Crikey, I was shocked by the poor quality. Door pocket insides now a hard plastic, fuel/charging port covers now this huge, poorly moulded and flimsy thing. Three of the passenger doors rattled like a bag of spanners when shut. .

Interesting site the out.

No such issues with my L460 HSE Diesel , super quiet including the doors . Really extremely happy with the quality despite being my first non AB . Maybe u are unlucky and as a rented car it wasn't treated well by previous drivers.

I must say that my experience with my L460 SE P440e is similar with yours. I’m also extremely happy with mine (and its my 4th Range Rover). Proud owner of a P440e SE, Belgravia Green

Post #647794 10th Nov 2022 12:50am
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

Good question Eirik34.

I am one of the lucky ones. Thanks to the kindness of a friend who managed to connect me with his dealership that had a cancelled order I have a D350 7 seater AB on the drive. For the reason Christonabike mentions I haven’t shared the news on this forum given so many on here are still waiting.

Although a long and uncertain wait is not a very luxurious experience I have to say it is worth it. The car is extraordinary. It is beautiful, incredibly quiet and refined, the tech is light years ahead of the 405, the Signature sound system superb. Although I had a 5 seat LWB in mind I really like the 7 seat configuration because the middle row sits further back than in the SWB (so more space for rear passengers than the standard car) but further forward than in the 5 seat LWB so the boot is appreciably bigger. Two large suitcases and two roll aboards fit flat on the boot floor, for example, or two rows of grocery shopping. The rear wheel steer makes it feel more manoeuvrable than my previous SWB 405 and everyone who has seen it or been in it loves it.

They love the D350 engine, too, which purrs along. I prefer it to the older Ford v8 as it suits the car better. The stand out thing is the ride quality (my car has 23 inch wheels) which is just incredible. Four of us drove to Edinburgh and back over two days - 14 hours in the car and it was comfier than a lounge.

One other step forward is wireless charging for your phone, and space for your keys, sunglasses and two drinks - at last!

I like it so much I actually cleaned it over the weekend - it was coated by GTechniq at the dealer and after two months use (I live down a muddy track) the lack of muck on the car was remarkable by its absence.

Gripes? Although the satnav is much better than before I am used to the instant ‘correctness’ of Google Maps so have reverted to using that via CarPlay (whose integration is excellent). Adaptive cruise control has taken a step backwards - it seems to hunt forwards and backwards especially on inclines. I can’t rest my elbow on the door any more and I miss having a spare wheel (one puncture already).

Overall though it is a wonderful machine and one I think I will own for some time to come. I do feel for the people at Land Rover - it must be beyond painful to have a car this good but they can’t deliver on the orders. And having waited myself for getting on for a year I deeply sympathise with anyone reading this who is still waiting.

If anyone has any specific questions about the LWB 7 seater I’d be happy to help / take photos etc.

Post #648079 14th Nov 2022 8:46pm
Angus

United Kingdom 

Thanks Freddy Bear. That’s great to hear.

And likewise, I’m very fortunate that my vehicle is now finished and I’ll pick it up from the factory next week. I ordered at launch so have waited a little over a year, which considering some of the experiences shared on here, doesn’t feel too unsatisfactory at all.

Post #648126 15th Nov 2022 11:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>