Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Sorry, cant do MOT as your car is too heavy.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
GrandadRob

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Luxor

Never had any problems with my Indy. Too many jobsworths in main dealers. All in white coats too ! 2013 SDV8 4.4 SE Luxor.
1960 Series 2 88 inch diesel.
1955 Series 1 86 inch petrol.

Post #647965 12th Nov 2022 5:36pm
LT

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

What a load of Censored !

Stratstones in Newport, which for a while now has been a JLR service centre only, have done all the MOT’s since applicable.

I’m not a fan of main dealers, but as I have a LR extended warranty I prefer to stay in the network as there’s less wriggle room with a full LR history.

However, Rob Parry the service manager there has always looked after me really well. Lower service prices than my nearest LR dealer as well.

Post #647990 13th Nov 2022 2:08pm
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

Just like to put an addition to this thread.

My car was brought back to the house, after the MOT debacle, with the keys posted through the letter box on the Thursday.

I had a phone call from a Service Advisor on the following Monday telling me my car has had its MOT with no problems and when would i like my car delivered back to me……. Thud Thud Censored Censored

I, in no uncertain terms, let him know that my car had been returned the previous week but without the MOT Certificate. The certificate was delivered to my house by courier ?!?!?!?!?

As some of you will understand, i have now finally once and for all given up with dealing with Stratstone Cardiff, they have been appalling for too long, but when the new “shiny” dealership was opened and a few personnel were changed i thought id give them another go. Shocked

I have had a discussion on the phone with Bristol Land Rover and would like to know if anyone had had any dealings positive or negative with them. 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue - Gone
2010 RRS 5.0 Supercharged Navara Bronze - Gone
2008 RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black - Gone
2006 RRS 2.7 Diesel Rimini Red- Gone

Post #660852 1st Apr 2023 11:50am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I do wonder if these MD,s have any clue as to what they are doing.

I had mine serviced recently in Exeter ,they took no notice of what I said I wanted doing, not all bad as I had the price in writing, but they did more than what we agreed. Rolling Eyes overfinch modified

Post #660871 1st Apr 2023 3:32pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Lyonhead....When they called you on the Monday asking when you would like your (Already delivered) car to be delivered, you should have replied 'Oh tomorrow would be lovely', sat back and watched the panic Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Whistle

This story is so bad I nearly thought it was an April Fools wind-up, sadly it appears not Shocked

Post #660872 1st Apr 2023 4:04pm
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

My car before this one was a Range Rover Sport SVR, and when they returned it from its first service, they left the car on my next door neighbours drive and posted the keys through my letter box.

Imagine if it was the other way around and the keys were put through my neighbours letter box and I didn’t get on with my neighbours. ( I do by the way), it could have been a whole lot of pain Censored Censored Censored

Merchy, It sounds so farcical but its not an April Fools, this actually happened Thud Thud Thud 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue - Gone
2010 RRS 5.0 Supercharged Navara Bronze - Gone
2008 RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black - Gone
2006 RRS 2.7 Diesel Rimini Red- Gone

Post #660873 1st Apr 2023 4:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12