Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > JLR looking to take on ex Twitter & Meta techs.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green
JLR looking to take on ex Twitter & Meta techs.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/busines...tter-staff

Post #648505 19th Nov 2022 6:01am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Recently I had a discussion with a guy who teaches agile/scrum and he trots out the old line that teams need to be co-located. He says the reason is because a lot of communication is non-verbal. I pointed out that these teams discussing technical matters and the non-verbal part of the communication isn't important. Also, with video conferencing you're not missing much anyway. I think Elon belongs to the old school on this, although it's not that old.

I've worked for teams co-located and distributed. In my experience distributed teams are a lot more efficient. No one's looking for a meeting room, one person at a time speaks. The meetings are normally a chore so people make them efficient.

As an employer, I would think you suddenly have access to a global labour force, you don't need to rent and manage office space and you have a much more flexible workforce.

Elon also thinks people should be putting in 60-70 hour weeks. You can only do this for a certain period of time until quality drops off, never mind the inhumanity of it.

It's a good move by JLR to take advantage of this. It really is the future, and a lot more of the value of cars is going to be in software in the future.

Post #648519 19th Nov 2022 10:13am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Yup talking with our Indian waiter last night. Studying for a masters in computer science . He can effectively work from home anywhere , tel aviv, Dublin, and the middle east being contenders. Looking for the big job in 12 months time
Fascinating chap. The other waiter was studying to be a doctor! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #648521 19th Nov 2022 10:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1