Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Nav/Radio screen shutdown
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
smurtaza

United States 
Nav/Radio screen shutdown

Hi all,

I'm struggling with trying to diagnose Nav/Radio shutdown after 30 sec issue with new to me 2005 RR. When I got the vehicle, on startup the orange light on the power button would flash and screen would not go past the Range Rover logo. I bypassed the bluetooth module and then Nav/Radio started working but would shutdown (go completely dark) after exactly 30 secs. Since then I have replaced the bluetooth module and Nav DVD unit but that hasn't resolved the issue.

I have noticed that once I start the car and radio starts working, if I unplug the fiber optic cable in the back within 30 secs (before Nav/Radio shuts down) radio sound goes off but rest of the systems (Nav, other systems) keep working fine and do not shutdown. But if radio is plugged back in (faber optic cable) again radio sounds good but shuts down after 30 sec.

This behavior tells me that there is something with the audio unit that is sending the signal to shut the system down. Does anybody know if audio system need to be VIN programmed to the car? Or another configuration that needs to be performed?

I have IIDTool and I see audio faults:

U2003-86 (2B) Fibre optic communication bus - Bus signal/message failure - signal is invalid
U2003-25 (2A) Fibre optic communication bus - General failure - signal shape/waveform failure
U1A26-4A 92B) Lost communication with cellular telephone control module - System internal failure - incorrect component installed

Not sure if some of the faults are generated after I unplug the fiber optics cable.

I'm running out of ideas and would greatly appreciate if anybody can educate me on how the system works and if there are configurations that might be wrong. I have tried to playing around with changing CCF to removed phone/bluetooth and other components but no change to the behavior.

Thanks

Post #550336 14th Apr 2020 5:10pm
Pumbazn

South Africa 

Hi
Did you ever find your fault mine has started the same thing, mine starts when I start the car and about 30 sec later also shuts down, can't get it to start again unless I switch the car off and on again .

Post #649883 5th Dec 2022 7:14am
smurtaza

United States 

I took it to an Indy shop that used RR diagnostics computer to see what was going on. It turned out that the amplifier lost its registration and had to be re-registered/coded to the car.
Once coded properly, it started working just fine. Hope this helps and you have same issue.

Post #649905 5th Dec 2022 2:43pm
Pumbazn

South Africa 

Hi
Thanks will look at trying that

Post #649907 5th Dec 2022 3:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1