Home > Technical (L405) > 2021 FFAB Strange vibration when engine turns off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 
2021 FFAB Strange vibration when engine turns off

Hi,

Wondering if any of you have ever experienced this or know what this might be?

From Sunday evening the car has developed a strange vibration whenever the engine is switched off, either through start stop or by pressing the button to turn the engine off. The best way I can describe it is that it feels the same way a manual car does when someone stalls it, minus the lurching forward. There are no error codes that come up so the dealer doesn’t really want to know but I know this doesn’t feel right as we’ve had the car from new and done 20k miles so far without it doing it before. It now does it every single time without fail and it feels like it comes from the rear of the car.

Another issue (which I’m not sure if it is related to the issue above) is that the car makes a juddering noise (you can also feel it) if you accelerate from crawling speed (I.e. 5mph) and it feels like it is coming from the same place the vibration is coming from which is the rear of the car. It doesn’t do the juddering every time but it’s more prone to do it on an incline in slow moving traffic. Again no errors have come up and it’s been doing this for over a month now. Dealer had a look when it went in for its first service and couldn’t find the issue.

If anyone has any ideas I’d really appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Post #651179 19th Dec 2022 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1