Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > FFRR makes itself secure! Outside door handle not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
garyRR

United Kingdom 
FFRR makes itself secure! Outside door handle not working

So, my Range has decided it needed to be more secure and therefore, has decided the outside driver's door handle should be deactivated. Thumbs Up

On a serious note, there was a !clonk! when pulling it and now it feels like it's just on its spring and not connected to the lock mechanism anymore, so I assume something has come unclipped.

The door lock still works fine and the inside door handle is still working, so all I had to do was press global open on the fob to reach in and open it from inside.

To save me freezing outdoors on the driveway, can anyone pinpoint me to the exact location / fix and any photos, so I can sort it before work tomorrow? 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #653916 18th Jan 2023 6:22pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Sounds like the door handle cable has failed, happened to me last year or so, I had to remove the door card and side air bag to access the cable,( 2006 model, but think it is the same as yours ) if you do a search, I am sure there are threads on here showing the work required, the door cables are easy to get, but after seeing two, the genuine spare looked to be much better than the cheap option

Just found this video showing how to change the cable

https://www.google.com/url?esrc=s&q=&a...eHuoo_zHM6

Post #653928 18th Jan 2023 7:51pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

I looked inside the door today and sure enough the cable has snapped. New part ordered.

How long did it take you to replace? 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #654039 19th Jan 2023 7:12pm
RR2B

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Take care when prising the barrel nipple end from the casting - I was too heavy handed and managed to fracture the casting! If the barrel nipple is tight in the casting suggest wd40 or Plus Gas then ease it out with a fine pointed blade. Should only take an hour tops if all goes well, Replacing the door trim can be tricky, start at the top and work down. Oh, and the 2011 model year does not have an air bag in the door, this was deleted in favour of the curtain air bags. 2011MY 4.4TDV8 Autobiography Baltic Blue
TVR Griffith
Alfa Romeo Mito QV

Post #654045 19th Jan 2023 7:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1