Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > 3days in, first LR Assist call out
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
3days in, first LR Assist call out

After 2 & 3/4 days of happy ownership, my first fault landed with a red battery and charging system fault.

Not wanting to cause further damage by driving with a red warning light on, LRA are coming out first thing in the morning.

Is into much to ask a £60k purchase lasts more than a week? So much for the 165 point pure sale check. First time FFRR owner

Post #653952 18th Jan 2023 9:13pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Whatever it is, was clearly working at the point the AUC check was done - and when you picked it up. It's not a great start, but they'll sort it. It'll be one less thing to go wrong later...

Post #653954 18th Jan 2023 9:20pm
Arch Stanton

the battery was flat as **** when I went to look at it and I was assured it had been health checked.

As you say, they'll get to the bottom of it, just annoying as I need it tomorrow. First time FFRR owner

Post #653955 18th Jan 2023 9:25pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

The AUC can be done up to 3 months before you buy it, it's supposed to be re-done every three months. Batteries are supposed to be tested every month, the problem is that they are often moved a few metres with no real chance to recharge and left unlocked for the great unwashed and their kids to crawl over seven days a week...
That's the reality of buying a used vehicle, the benefit of buying from a dealer is that issues will be sorted, difficult ones, maybe not first time but they have deep pockets and a reputation (with the manufacturer, if not also the customer) to maintain.

ETA - if LRA are involved, you should have a replacement vehicle provided on the same day as they attend, even if the breakdown is collected later. If it hasn't happened, remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil...

Post #653958 18th Jan 2023 9:43pm
Arch Stanton

Thanks @phoenix, I know you are right. I was looking forward to the drive tomorrow, picking up a new guitar in the process rather than maybe being without a car until a courtesy car turns up etc.

Fingers crossed an update or something can be done on the driven I'm good to go First time FFRR owner

Post #653959 18th Jan 2023 9:47pm
Bimshire

United Kingdom 

Similar battery story here. Picked up my 4+ yr old car just before Christmas. 2 days later had a low battery warning after a 300 mile drive. It was on 11.8 v. Managed to charge it to 12.4 but it won’t hold a charge, spoke to dealer they said much the same about it sitting around and told be to get one locally and bill them.
Marshall Cambridge wanted a 5 week wait for a booking and charge a diagnostic fee (despite it being under approved used warranty) in case ‘something else was wrong’. Absolute joke, getting an Exide battery fitted at an independent tomorrow instead. MY19 SDV8 Autobiography

2007 Defender 90 XS (Gone)
2014 Discovery HSE Lux (Gone)
2011 Discovery HSE (Gone)

Post #654087 19th Jan 2023 11:26pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

It's standard practice I'm afraid... These get left kicking around on forecourts for months and batteries just don't like it... Rolling Eyes

Post #654090 19th Jan 2023 11:38pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

+1, it’s also standard practice with other makes of vehicle and not just LR, so can’t really blame the vehicle.

Dealers have literally hundreds of vehicles stood around for months on an annual basis. They therefore work on the basis Of let a battery fault manifest itself and then we will address it - otherwise it would cost them a serious amount of money replacing every flat or low battery on the forecourt. That’s one of the hazards of buying any secondhand vehicle. 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #654099 20th Jan 2023 5:25am
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Bimshire wrote:
Similar battery story here. ... and charge a diagnostic fee (despite it being under approved used warranty) in case ‘something else was wrong’..

The reason the customer is told there may be a diagnostic fee is to cover the costs in the event that the concern is not covered by warranty - if you had a vehicle in manufacturers warranty you would (or should) be told the same, in the event the defect is not covered by warranty aftermarket accessory drawing excessive quiescent current for example.

Post #654103 20th Jan 2023 7:27am
Arch Stanton

LRA came out yesterday, the main battery is fine (looks like a new Halfords one) and the secondary battery also looked new but it was 7v and looks like the relay to send power to it to charge is foobarred. He's coming back this morning to fit new part (@ £675 for the part!!). The warranty covered it. First time FFRR owner

Post #654114 20th Jan 2023 9:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1