Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #654176 20th Jan 2023 7:34pm
KitTheRam

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Used the car on a longish run (70ish miles) to Suffolk after a week of short journeys and the car is starting to get used to the new set up.

The first few journeys it hung on to revs a bit longer as the gearbox and map started to learn what’s what, still doing that a little now but better generally. Bodsy said it will continue to improve and needs a bit over 1000 miles to fully collaborate itself.

I feel the biggest difference is going from standstill to moving, less hesitation, smoother and quicker (when needed), guess the EGR delete is key for this with a bit of help from the map and oil changes.

My map was slightly more conservative due to what I wanted, 70%-80% of the power and torque increase over Bodsy’s standard setup means a little less fuel used and no danger of pushing anything beyond its tolerances, he thinks I now have around an extra 35bhp and 85nm on top of the standard setup. I float around in this car over gunning it so no real need for a surge in power for my needs, smoothness and ease of driving were what I was after.

I did the same journey at Christmas and got close to 3mpg more this time round (32mpg average) according to the onboard computer (so let’s say 30mpg in reality for arguments sake). I know it was colder at Christmas but I didn’t drive as conservatively this time around so not a bad improvement all things considered, especially if there is still some collaboration to be done.

Obviously the gear changes are smoother, weren’t the worst before but still an improvement, my main issue now is finding out why there is some vibration when accelerating harder at higher speeds. Perhaps a bit better after the diff oil changes (could just be my mind telling me that) but something along the drive train is sending a vibration to my footwell at higher speeds under load, the prop-shaft has a small tare in the rubber but guessing it can’t be that?!

Don’t think the brakes are binding but keep forgetting to test how hot the wheels are after a decent run.

Always something hey… 2009 pre-facelift 3.6 TDV8.

Post #655540 4th Feb 2023 12:11am
gettingold

United Kingdom 

DrRob wrote:
He's a total legend. My second 8speed Megaflush being done mid Feb as part of preventative maintenance plan. Sealed for life my arse!

Are you having another "at Robs home session"?. visiting from www.rrsport.co.uk

Post #655552 4th Feb 2023 8:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123