Home > Technical (L322) > 2008 TDV8 ignition issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
joninprague

United Kingdom 
2008 TDV8 ignition issues

Hi all,

I am just after a little advise. I have recently bought a 2008 tdv8 in excellent condition really well looked after. In the process of buying it did develop some ignition problems that where rectified by the garage but doing the bypass thing and using the puddle light to power it.

Now the ignition seems a little hit and miss. sometimes you can jump in turn the key and she fires right up but other times the key turns to position 2. the radio power up but there are no lights on the dash and although the key turn all the way nothing happens. I do try to leave the door open so the puddle light stays on but then the car just thinks I have left the keys in the ignition.

I have got it to work a few times by wiggling the key in the ignition and then the lights come on and we are in luck.

I am just not sure if I am missing something in the process of starting when this bypass has been used or its time to try to replace the steering column.

Other that this there are no error codes she purrs like a kitten and drives beautifully

Any hints or tips would be very much appreciated

Jon

Post #654740 25th Jan 2023 11:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1