Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Black screen and sound shuts down after 2 mins
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Boydonegood

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Ipanema Sand
Black screen and sound shuts down after 2 mins

Hi guys
Im sure it has been covered 100 times (in fact i had it before at one point!)

2004 TD6 Non Touch Screen. I had a problem with flat battery and lights playing up last weekend due to the cold/damp from leaving the tailgate open all weekend? Fixed it by leaving car running with heater on for 45 mins.. All seems fine now.. Except!

Start car and screen is backlit, but displaying black
Orange light is on and radio works.. All controls and steering wheel control works
Sound plays for 2mins then sound shuts off. Turn radio on and off and sound comes back on for another 2 mins!

Years ago it was caused by the Sat Nav box, so disconnected the Blue and white plugs and been fine for couple a years.

I think it leaves me 2 boxes... no water ingress. 1x Silver with 2 aerial plugs in and a blue and white plug (tv tuner?)... 1 black box (DSP?) with a Black plug and a large black plug.. When i pulled a plug on this the black box the sound stopped..

I have disconnected the Blue and White plug, from the silver box, but no change.. The blue plug had wet "rust" around 6 of the pins..

Any advice at all?
Only need the car to last 6 more months, so dont really want to throw an android in it.

Thanks so much Accept, some days your the pigeon, some days your the statue!

Post #654855 27th Jan 2023 10:58am
Boydonegood

Im going to strip and clean connectors on the silver box (it looks like TV tuner)

Would i be right in thinking if the DSP black box doesnt "see" the TV tuner because of bad connection (rusty connection) or where i have now disconnected it will shut the sound off after 2 minutes?

Kinda makes sence in my head? Means i need to replace the TV tuner with a 2nd hand one or clean the conections?

Cheers Accept, some days your the pigeon, some days your the statue!

Post #654857 27th Jan 2023 11:20am
batfink

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

I had a very similar issue with my 2004 RR which was down to a low battery, even thought there was enough to start the car.

I removed the battery leads and stuck it on my ctek charger on recondition mode which seemed to do the trick (that was last winter after it had been stood for a a couple of weeks).

Post #654894 27th Jan 2023 5:22pm
Boydonegood

Thanks so much. Have resoldered 2 broken pins back in the blue plug on the tv tuner and all has gone back to normal.

I had a Merc once that had to “see” each item on the ring of the entertainment system. If one dropped out it was cause issues with them all.
Looks like the L322 is similar? Accept, some days your the pigeon, some days your the statue!

Post #654900 27th Jan 2023 6:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1