Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > NavTool - can't connect Android Auto on Samsung S10 - Fixed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rscsmith

United Kingdom 
NavTool - can't connect Android Auto on Samsung S10 - Fixed

All,

I have just spent a few hours trying to get my NavTool working working wirelessly with Android Auto, (it worked on the USB port no problem). To get wireless running, I tried pairing the phone, but when entering Android Auto (AA) on the NavTool head unit I kept getting the message "If this Android phone is connected for the first time, please go to: Settings -> Wireless Android AUTO Settings -> Pairing"

After much swearing, and contacting NavTool to ask for support, I decided to try my Android tablet to see if that would work and it worked immediately. So, I returned to the phone to see what's up.

I've now managed to get it working. I had searched here but couldn't find a fix, so thought I'd share my experience in case anyone else has similar issues.

Fix:
1) If you have paired already, unpair the phone from the NavTool. On the phone, go to Bluetooth to do this. On NavTool, go to Android Auto Wireless Settings and Clear Previous.
2) The latest Android Auto is not an app. On the Samsung S10 (running Android 12), it can be found under Settings > Advanced Features. However, my phone had an AA app still showing on the apps page. So, I uninstalled it using Google Play. This gave me the option to update the app, still in Google Play. This time, it did not appear as an icon, but instead showed up in the Settings.
3) Set the NavTool to "Pairing" under Android auto.
4) Open Android Auto under settings and follow the steps to add a car using bluetooth.

The NavTool went beep, and I had the AA setup screen on my head unit.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers, Rob. '07 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8

Post #658660 6th Mar 2023 5:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1