Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L460) > Delivery times
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 48 of 50 <123 ... 47 484950>
Print this entire topic · 
West London FFRR

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover HSE 2.0 PHEV Corris Grey

Autobiography wrote:
Does the Ghost-like immobiliser still invalidate the warranty? I wanted one fitted to mine but got spooked when the dealer said it cuts into the wiring loom which essentially rules out any kind of electrical issue should JLR want to be difficult with a warranty claim.

Can someone be kind and clarify whether the factory-fitted immobiliser on my HSE is a Thatcham category 2 one? My insurers are insisting that it must be one. The car's just been built and I've asked the dealer to clarify this -- but, so far, I've not received an answer.

Post #660296 25th Mar 2023 12:17am
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

According to the UK builder the HSE has the Secure Tracker Pro. A quick search states the ‘Secure Tracker Pro is Thatcham Category S5 compliant’. It’s a Trackstar system.

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/inco...tures.html MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #660306 25th Mar 2023 8:45am
West London FFRR

Thanks Phil

You’re absolutely right it has a Thatcham 5 tracker, which has been notified to the insurer. But the insurer wants reassurance that the car is also fitted with a Thatcham 2 immobiliser. So a slightly different point.

Do you, or anyone else, know the answer, since my dealer has remained silent on this point?

Best

Simon

Post #660312 25th Mar 2023 10:03am
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Sorry misread the question….

I would give these guys a call as they are very knowledgable about LR products, have a good relationship with LR and seem to take most of their vehicles apart to develop their own improved accessories:

https://www.powerfuluk.com/ MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #660317 25th Mar 2023 10:21am
West London FFRR

Many thanks, Phil. Will try on Monday.

If anyone knows more about the Thatcham status of the L460 immobiliser, please shout!

Post #660343 25th Mar 2023 8:28pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

When I got my L405 I had to prove tracker installation to the insurers. I think what one needed to do was go on to the LR InControl site and enter the VIN number of the car, maybe also a password, and one then could download and print a certificate of installation which had quite a lot of detail about the system fitted. Have you been on to that site re your car and checked what the certificate says? It might solve the problem. The L405 one will be different so I can't tell what the L460 one might say. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #660348 25th Mar 2023 10:24pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

A Thatcham Category 2 immobiliser is just a basic immobiliser, Category 1 means the car has an accredited alarm and an accredited immobiliser. Assume the insurers are asking the wrong question.

Post #660376 26th Mar 2023 11:20am
Bill

United Kingdom 

I had an unexpected overnight battery failure.

Woke up to find the app said my car was stolen Shocked

It was still there , but the tracker was blocked on my phone app & not available to me to use, thus stopping me from reaching for my cowboy hat, six gun and horse. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #660388 26th Mar 2023 12:23pm
Flugplatz

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aintree Green

Been busy on other things but such a beautifully subtle-looking car prompted me to respond. I know I'm a broken record on this, but, how much better-looking are these cars (and all cars, frankly) with clear glass? Bravo, sir.

Quick question: you say that the interior of the AB is much plusher, or words to that effect than the other models; looking at an HSE yesterday, I couldn't help noticing that the door pockets felt a huge step down from the 405, rather hard plastics etc. Is the AB a better standard than that? Many thanks.

FP

Dixy wrote:

As requested, only subtle exterior details differ from the HSE I had for 4 months, inside is a significant step up and the HSE was no slum.
But the engine is just a sheer indulgence, the D350 is perfectly adequate. P530 on start up is like releasing the genie from the bottle "I am here to serve you master" then it quietly waits until you command release the dogs of war.

Post #660913 2nd Apr 2023 12:20pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Flugplatz wrote:
I know I'm a broken record on this, but, how much better-looking are these cars (and all cars, frankly) with clear glass? Bravo, sir.

Totally agree with you, Flugplatz! Much more elegant and timeless with clear glass IMO. Floating roof stands out as a floating silhouette with clear glass (would have been even better with less black on the rear side window...). Tinted glass makes the roof and glass section into a massive box.

Really classy looking Range Rover, Dixy!

Post #660915 2nd Apr 2023 12:46pm
Flugplatz

Agreed, Erik, the rearmost window 'border' is almost comically deep, but, still better than the van aesthetic you describe. I have never met a car designer who wanted their creation to be viewed as such a butchered asymmetric.

FP

Post #660919 2nd Apr 2023 1:13pm
Japseroony

England 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Privacy glass is clearly down to personal taste, me I like it and it is better for the mutt in the boot lol.

It also kelps to stop the scumbags having a quick glance to see if there is anything on the rear seat worth grabbing but like I said it’s subjective and I can see advantages both ways Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #660920 2nd Apr 2023 1:21pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Eirik34 wrote:
Flugplatz wrote:
I know I'm a broken record on this, but, how much better-looking are these cars (and all cars, frankly) with clear glass? Bravo, sir.

Totally agree with you, Flugplatz! Much more elegant and timeless with clear glass IMO. Snip snip !

I would NEVER spec tinted glass, however as u know , I was offered & bought a cancellation, that was black on black with added black & black leather !!!
The car has black pack & black lettering , 23 inch black wheels with black inserts & steps .

I love it!, it works for me, I particularly like the way the back lights are all part of the colour scheme.

I in fact yesterday thought about a swap & specked a car, and changed nothing for the colour. HSE to AB. for 20k difference between the price paid and the new price I don’t think it’s worth the trouble …
Anyway here is the black beauty , drug dealing car…hearse … it’s all in the eye of the beholder.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Last edited by Bill on 5th Apr 2023 9:24pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #660923 2nd Apr 2023 4:23pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Having taken delivery on the 15th I then went skiing in Whistler for a fortnight so the car sat at Heathrow for the first 2 weeks. I now have had chance to stretch its legs and can confirm it was worth the wait.
No the door bins are no different and are so shallow as to be almost useless.
I still hate the steering wheel.
The rest is awesome.
No one needs a P530 but as a last hurrah for big powerful petrol guzzlers it could not be better, I am a tad worried for my licence.
It is going to take a while to learn where things are hidden in Pivypro and steering wheel switches.
I suspect we may need a section just titled "how do I get it to....." letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #660930 2nd Apr 2023 6:08pm
Flugplatz

Thanks for the answer, Dixy, much appreciated. Disappointing that something that worked well and looked/felt top-notch in the dual door pockets on the 405 has been squandered and cheapened.

Yes, we need to enjoy these now while we can!

FP

Post #660959 3rd Apr 2023 9:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 48 of 50 <123 ... 47 484950>