Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > 2012 Westminster make as good as possible thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lightning

United Kingdom 
2012 Westminster make as good as possible thread

So I looked at basically every l322 for sale in Northern Ireland. Some were rough. Some had no history. One had been crashed. It also made me nervous to travel to England as the chances of coming across the same problem there was high, yet with much larger travel expenses.

Anyway, came across this one. It’s one of the very last registered 23rd October 2012. It was bought by a lord and lady in Stratstone Land Rover, I was able to look up their address on Google street view and was pleased to see an l405 sitting there now. They serviced it regularly in their time with “no expense spared” with a couple of the bills being over 2k. They traded it in for a new one in late 2018, where it went out as used approved and the chap from over here bought it. He kept it until last week, again servicing it annually (his only big extra expense was an oil cooler at £800 and a battery) and has also now just bought an l405.

Jobs. Firstly 2 of the wheels have mark on the lips. It’s booked in for a refurb on the 28th, £70 per wheel. Not too bad.

Service work. After reading reviews online I’ve decided to go with beyond performance 4x4. The chap was very knowledgeable on the phone and quoted a very reasonable £270 for a full service including parts labour and vat. I’ve also asked for the transmission to be serviced, the transfer box and the axels. He didn’t quote for this but I’m sure he will be fair. Booked for march 5th.

Will keep the thread updated!!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

save instagram pictures chrome extension

Click image to enlarge

download high resolution images instagram

Last edited by Lightning on 20th May 2023 3:25pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #659886 20th Mar 2023 2:52pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

i had a 2002 l322 for about 9 years, and replaced it with a late westminster diesel. love the car, its a fantastic drive, and defo a keeper. i tend to do all my own servicing, and repairs, so im quite lucky in that. ie keeping in touch with reality for unknown bills. i would recommend you to keep an eye on leaks where you park it, and address anything suspect.. find yourself a trusted independent company to do the work needed. many garages shy away from cars like these, but some are very good. i find these cars ok to work on, and this forum a massive wealth of knowledge. ask here about anything, and you'll almost certainly find good advice. i always ask my MOT guy to point out anything to me i should know about, that might not be covered under his list too. don't go spending tons on upgrades as of yet, just get to know your car, and if there are any doubts, or even features you don't know about yet, ask here. the best thing to throw money at to start with might be a new battery, if you can't resist it. as often many unknown issues, are related to a poor battery. and it gives you piece of mind, and often a guarantee too. if your rear tailgate isn't rusty along the lower edge, keep an eye on it, as most of them will rust there, and the rear wheel arches might be starting. easy to deal with if only superficial, but left for too long, and the arches go real bad. enjoy your drive.

Post #659907 20th Mar 2023 4:51pm
Lightning

United Kingdom 

Great advice thanks very much!

Post #659910 20th Mar 2023 5:10pm
TDV8_Tommy

Spain 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Baltic Blue

I do like a Baltic Blue L322, especially a Westie. Very good, keep us updated Thumbs Up 2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Baltic Blue, Jet interior
1997 P38 2.5 DSE auto & 1998 P38 2.5 DT Manual
1988 Vogue 3.5 EFI - Manual, gone.
2004 Volvo C70 2.0T convertible, had since new.
2007 Mazda MX-5 2.0 Sport Roadster/Coupé, had since new.
2024 Mini Cooper S cabrio, JCW kit, 2.0, DCT auto

Post #659919 20th Mar 2023 6:35pm
Fox889

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Click image to enlarge

Everyone loves a Westminster 😂😂

Click image to enlarge
 2012 Orkney Grey Westminster 4.4TDV8 with Ivory interior.........nice!
BMW R1200GS
Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Just one Montesa now, 349 White Wonder
Austin A40 Farina MK2
1975 Morris Marina 1.8TC

Post #659953 21st Mar 2023 7:47am
Lightning

United Kingdom 

Wheel refurb under way today. Along with new centre caps and reflectors for the rear bumper.

Click image to enlarge

Post #660567 28th Mar 2023 10:54am
Proftinkerpot

Northern Ireland 

I hope you are enjoying the Range Rover. It looks like you had a similar journey to myself. I began looking at what was available in Northern Ireland, and the answer was very little. I ended up in Nottinghamshire on 4th January and bought my 2012 Westminster in Orkney grey with just under 54kmiles.

I have heard good reports about Stephen in Beyond Performance 4x4.
I have used the Rangie for 3 months and plan to sorn it and get a few things done. It needs a wheel refurb and I'm going to change tyres as the Contis fitted still have tread but are a bit old.

The car needs a good clean but is fundamentally solid. Going to get it undersealed. My local garage looked over the car and said it has a new water pump and belts and I know the battery and starter motor were replaced in 2021so I will plan to do the gearbox service and the diff oil changed too. I'd be interested to hear what prices you get from Beyond Performance for the work. They are only 15 minutes from me.

Early impressions are I absolutely love the L322. I don't want a car to have touch screens and be like driving a Playstation. I won't do huge miles in either car so I'm happy with the radio and the cd changer.

Post #660611 28th Mar 2023 9:21pm
Lightning

United Kingdom 

Proftinkerpot…..the car is with beyond today for service and all fluids. I’ll let you know. I’d also recommend lanoguard for an effective and easy to apply under seal.

Last edited by Lightning on 20th May 2023 3:26pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #661120 5th Apr 2023 1:40pm
Proftinkerpot

Northern Ireland 

Lightning, the car looks fantastic. It has a great sheen off the paint.
Look forward to hearing how you got on at Performance 4x4.

Post #661262 6th Apr 2023 9:17pm
Lightning

United Kingdom 

The beyond guys were great. Very professional, superb accessory showroom and 2 service reception desks.
Lovely to get a call saying it’s one of the best and they could find no extra work to undertake other than a set of wipers.

Post #661268 6th Apr 2023 10:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1