40%
 40%  [6]
Total Votes: 15

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

That’s really bad. I’ve not come across post-order wheel/trim downgrades before only hifi.

If you don’t want it anymore, leave the order placed and sell it back to the dealer on arrival at a profit. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #661132 5th Apr 2023 4:56pm
FlyingTrotter

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I was told the grey 22 inch wheels no longer available and it’s black or silver and the black birch is not available - Meridian 3D down grade others have noted with no mention of price adjustment to compensate - that follows space saving spare not available

What are dealers paying for cars - not keen on leaving an order in place for another 9 months or more in the hope I can exit for a small premium rather than just getting deposit back

Post #661133 5th Apr 2023 5:07pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

The deposit is always 100% refundable, particularly so if JLR change the price/spec.

JLR have a set menu of price adjustments for the Meridian downgrade, so that should be available to you via your dealer.

I have the black birch but noticed this week that it’s now only available on SV’s for new orders but didn’t expect JLR to downgrade it on an existing order. Gloss black is the nearest alternative.

As for the wheels, I’d be asking the dealer to honour the spec and source them separately for the same price. Again, ask them to source the spare wheel separately. I’m sure they could source one from a nearly new used example before yours is delivered.

Unsure what dealers are offering to buy nearly new examples but their mark up appears to be £20k ish. I’d call them and ask if you want consider this option but fully understand if you decide to cancel the order. It’s a pity though as the L460 is lovely to drive.

Good luck whatever you decide. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #661136 5th Apr 2023 5:32pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

FlyingTrotter wrote:
Interested some are saying price protected

My dealer called yesterday - price increase - my 22 inch grey wheels as spec’ed no longer available - birch wood trim not available - might be spec closed Nov 23 so 2 years from deposit in dec21

It’s too much for me - confidence lost in the process - if they had held the price maybe but I’m being told price signif up and not the spec I ordered

Name and shame the dealer if you are bailing out. Ask JLR for their view. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #661151 5th Apr 2023 8:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12