Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My 2007 SC: 10 Years Late
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver
My 2007 SC: 10 Years Late

Many, many years ago when I was far more active on online forums (including on here), I bought my second L322.

My first (a 2002 4.4 Vogue) was from a forum member on here but I soon hankered after an SC and exactly 10 years ago to the day, I bought a 2007 4.2 SC from Stratstone in Cardiff.

This was, and still is, the most expensive car I have ever bought. I firmly believed at the time that I’d buy a 5.0 SC in a few years time and eventually others, but time and a few humbling job / career experiences halted that and I just kept driving my 2007 model quite happily.

Other cars have come and gone. A brief flirt with a diesel Volvo C30 as a commuter car ended swiftly when the COVID pandemic started and work dried up. But that was OK as the SC wasn’t being used much and I didn’t really bond with the Volvo or its DPF… My son now owns a V70 T5 which drinks fuel but is much, much nicer.

The SC has been used for everything: dump runs, short trips ferrying children around, armchair-like commuter express, family holdall for numerous holidays and classic car collector.

Shortly after purchase, I had Tom Lenthall (he wasn’t so well known back then) massage the supercharger pulley. It was (and still is) money well spent as it transformed the power delivery. Tom still looks after the SC now which also gives me the added benefit of occasionally seeing Harry Metcalfe’s XJ-C.

Routine servicing aside, I have suffered one airbag failure on the M5 which required Green Flag to rescue me. I’m sure the other airbags aren’t far behind.
And the coolant valley pipe started leaking recently which Tom replaced.

Both rear arches need attention this year which I’m sure will involve work to the sills.

She’s serviced on the button each year and is kept clean. I never, ever tire of driving her.

And, that’s that. A brief 10 year update.

I still adore this car.
 Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #663601 7th May 2023 1:23pm
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Thumbs Up great story, looks much like my FFRR life. first one a sport than a 2002 FF, from a forum member, after that a 2004 FF from a forum member, and that was followed by a 07 vogue (on lpg) in 2014. Nearly 10 years later same car, same happy driver and...still proud to drive her around. Like a dog she is loyal and always eager to work, run and have fun, although she doesn't fart...but I do pat her on the dash and thank her for driving me around. Am I the only idiot talking to his cars?

Post #663604 7th May 2023 2:14pm
Strider

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Very nice looking Supercharged Thumbs Up , I bought mine in 2015, still brings a smile when I fire it up.

Post #664182 15th May 2023 7:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1