Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L460) > Electrical Fault!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Japseroony

England 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

LR Assist must be an acronym for Clusterf**k or utter waste of time!

No car at TVLR and they did not know about my car being driven there ffs.

Upon arrival the fault was present so I left the car running until they plugged in the diagnostic equipment and identified the fault. Very soon after the car stopped so it was lucky I was not out driving around.

Apparently it is a charging issue and a known fault but there is no fix at this time - this is from LR Technical Department - the fault first showed on my car prior to leaving the factory and yet it still arrived to the dealers and then on to me!!

The dealer is offering to give me my money back as they don’t have an alternative to give me by way of a replacement - neither do LR apparently.

I have incurred costs in buying it such as a ceramic coating (£800), insurance where I may get a refund but not all and travel etc so think I might look to sell on etc - don’t wish to cause trouble for the dealership as they have been very good but need to cover my losses etc and then buy an Audi Whistle "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #665494 30th May 2023 6:36pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

If you give JLR Exec Office a call, they will almost certainly jump in and sort this rubbish out. If you are wishing to reclaim your losses, I would certainly go down the route of insisting on 'replacement' factory order. Whether you choose to continue down the path is up to you!

Post #665495 30th May 2023 7:02pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Japseroony wrote:

Apparently it is a charging issue and a known fault but there is no fix at this time - this is from LR Technical Department - the fault first showed on my car prior to leaving the factory and yet it still arrived to the dealers and then on to me!!

Wow.

Post #665497 30th May 2023 8:15pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Japseroony wrote:

Apparently it is a charging issue and a known fault but there is no fix at this time - this is from LR Technical Department - :

I had something which may of been similar, I didn’t get the same warning, extremely cold & despite a long run, had a flat battery and a “your car has been stolen warning”. jump started by JLR call out , lots of words with the dealer, recharged the battery & no problems since then , fingers crossed. That’s 6 months.

Would like to know anything else you hear about the fault.

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #665501 30th May 2023 10:48pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Autobiography wrote:
If you give JLR Exec Office a call, they will almost certainly jump in and sort this rubbish out. If you are wishing to reclaim your losses, I would certainly go down the route of insisting on 'replacement' factory order. Whether you choose to continue down the path is up to you!

I really wish this was true, my experience after two "buy back" cars is that the dealer was more approachable than the EO. While there's demand for these cars, they've got no vested interest in doing anything more than a token gesture of a free service or in my case, a contribution towards SVO paint.

Its such a shame that Japseroony has had to go through this again.

Post #665563 31st May 2023 4:01pm
Japseroony

Quick update Rolling with laughter

At long last LR Assist have come up with a car for me but not until Friday - they got Enterprise to call me and offered a BMW 2 series that I refused and they then offered me an electric BMW of some sort that other than when out I could not charge lol.

LR assist are delivering a Defender 110 on Friday.

DP at the dealership is asking his sales director to contact the EO to see what can be done but I kind of think my days with a FF have come to an end.

Hoping the dealership will buy it back for a small premium to cover my costs as I really don’t want to sell it on to make a profit getting the dealership into trouble but equally don’t wish to lose out Big Cry

Audi/BMW I may come shopping very soon Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #665590 31st May 2023 9:56pm
Polarbear

United Kingdom 

Hi Jasperoony

I went from sva to X7 40d with ultimate pack a year ago

40’000 worry free miles later I have no regrets 👍🏼

Post #665594 31st May 2023 11:11pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Polestar 'I went from sva to X7 40d with ultimate pack a year ago. 40’000 worry free miles later I have no regrets 👍🏼'

Intersting. I have looked at a X7 4.0 M and was impressed by the interior and toys, but it was a huge beast - felt larger than a FFRR. it was c. £90k. that sound correct? how is yours day-to-day?

Post #665613 1st Jun 2023 11:38am
Polarbear

United Kingdom 

Hi Dolphinboy

I got a dealer principle car with 5000 miles
It had the ultimate pack on it which had all the toys of an SVA on it. Has rear wheel steer so you will
Park easier than the L405 and stacks of room for all.

RR ATB will glide better but in my case I’ve only been back for service. Love full fat but
The pain puts you off. Had a Hse demo last week as been a good customer and they want me back but MY24 puts all on the screen and I would be out of by that. Mistake imho.

Post #665654 1st Jun 2023 6:16pm
Japseroony

Further update.

Car has now officially been rejected by me and in writing (email) so waiting for a response from LR.

Still no fix but the problem is with the smart alternator/generator/starter motor which is an all in one unit and apparently the batch LR have are all faulty so production has been affected!

According to the dealership they suspect the smart alternator manufacturers have gone bust and LR are looking for a new supplier but LR are having a difficult time finding one with capacity.

The problem is there are no and I mean no units available so my car is sitting down at TVLR collecting dust!

So having said all that we had a test drive in a BMW X5M and wow, how fast are they? Got the miles per gallon reading down to 2.2 (yes 2.2 MPG) and scared the life out of the current "her in doors" lol.

Looked at an Audi SQ7 which is of a similar size to the RR but it felt bigger so thinking about an Audi SQ5 or a BMW X3M (or X3 40i) or possibly an X5 50i if I can find one as they have been replaced by the X5 60i - comments please chaps. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #666438 12th Jun 2023 2:39pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Is the size of the SQ7 a potential problem? If its not, what about an X7 M50, good size boot, loads of leg room and goes like the clappers.

Post #666441 12th Jun 2023 3:21pm
Japseroony

AnotherMutley, no not really as the RR is about the same size but I think when sitting in the Q7 it feels bigger - might just be me.

I think the X7 is fairly much the same as it feels bigger than it actually is hence the X5 or Q5.

Don't really need a car that big but then again I did not really need the RR but I do like the opulence of the RR and it would have been my everyday driver having the Defender for off roading and messing about in and the VW Caravelle as the dog bus.

Have BMW not just introduced the X7 M60i as a replacement for the X7 M50i Question

Have to say I hate the new LCI cars with the little silver vent controls that will take a 5yr old 30s to snap off Whistle "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #666444 12th Jun 2023 3:57pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Really sorry to hear things didn't work out for you with the RR.

Yes, unfortunately they have replaced the M50 for the M60, I know you came out of a diesel, I've not driven the latest 4.0d but the last one I drove was alright. What swayed it towards the L405 for me was the standard spec and the 4.4 TDV8, everything that was standard on the RR was an option or a pack on the X7. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, had I gone for the X7 instead of the L405, I'd probably still have it.

Post #666445 12th Jun 2023 4:09pm
Martin2

England 

Japseroony wrote:

Looked at an Audi SQ7 which is of a similar size to the RR but it felt bigger so thinking about an Audi SQ5 or a BMW X3M (or X3 40i) or possibly an X5 50i if I can find one as they have been replaced by the X5 60i - comments please chaps.

They are all quite different. I'd discount the SQ5 as it's looking/feeling a bit dated now and having recently driven an X3M, the ride quality would rule that out. The X3 40i is a nice car, really good engine, but not that special feeling.

It's not as quick as the X5M or X3M, but what about a Macan GTS? It's an option to replace my wife's car as we had a couple of hours in one last week. The ride, even on GTS suspension (it can be swapped for std air suspension) and P Zero Corsa tyres (an option) the ride was surprisingly good on a mixture of roads. When you switch it up to Sport / Sport Plus, it's a different car, still very composed but a lot more fun than I expected. It ticks the quality box, more so than an X3/Q7/non M X5, but I guess it depends on how much space you need.

You could order a new one and get it in 4-5 months MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #666449 12th Jun 2023 5:27pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Not quite the same league but my other half has a standard Macan S on 19's and its a very nice car to drive, not quite an FF, but nice all the same.

Post #666467 12th Jun 2023 8:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>