Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L460) > Towing options
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ABAB

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
Towing options

Could someone please help me with L460 towing options?

I’ve been offered an unregistered showroom model which I’m having a think about, however it’s got no towbar.

My current L405 has a dealer fitted LR drop plate bar which I’ve been quite happy with, although the deployable alternative would have been fine also as I generally don’t lug anything crazily heavy.

So, what are the alternatives for a 460 with no towing options from the factory…

Can the LR deployable bar be dealer fitted?

Can the dealer fit any other kinds of LR towbar?

Are there third party alternatives yet?

Can advanced tow assist be activated / retrofitted if not part of the factory spec?

Apologies if these have been covered elsewhere already. 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #665521 31st May 2023 10:12am
Crocs

Scotland 

I can answer only on the retrofitting of the Deployable Towbar. It can be retrofitted but is very expensive as the rear valance and other fittings need to be changed. I think it was something like £3k to retrofit, perhaps more.

Post #665534 31st May 2023 11:34am
Geo

United Kingdom 

Agree my understanding is all RR now have "tow bar preparation" ie all electrics are ready to be plugged in etc, so a deployable bar can be retrofitted.

Post #665877 4th Jun 2023 12:22pm
Westminster

United Kingdom 

I appreciate this thread is 6 months old and you have probably already made a decision but in case other people have the same question I thought I'd share my thoughts.

I had a deployable towbar dealer fitted to my L405 before I collected and that was 3K (worth it in my opinion as it is lovely not having it on show or to hit your shins on when you aren't towing) but specced it from the factory on the 460.

The brilliant thing about deployable towbar on the 460 is that it can weigh the trailer nose weight so you can very easily see if you're overloading the towbar vertically and need to move the load back on the trailer to be balance the weight.

This feature is so good that I would not hesitate to retrofit the deployable towbar to my 460 if it didn't already have it and would never go back to a fixed towbar without the weighing function.

Advanced tow assist is a waste of time if you can reverse a trailer and is annoying because every time you plug in a trailer it asks you to set it up or select a trailer you've connected. I intentionally left it off the spec of my 460. It's for people who can't reverse a trailer and want the car to do it for them but I'm sure it has significant limitations.

Post #680711 19th Dec 2023 1:11am
RDR

United Kingdom 

A local dealer has Three incoming L460s due in January where all Three customers have cancelled. They tried to tempt me and offered to fit the deployable tow pack Gratis. It is about £3k but I expect half of that is labour so if the dealer wants to move a car on there could be some room to negotiate. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #680714 19th Dec 2023 9:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1