Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L460) > Voice control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue
Voice control

Following Stans comment on another post, I was wondering what the collective view on this is.
In an effort to depart the 19th century where my hart belongs and join Buck Rogers I am trying without success to master this.
If JLR are not going to do a hand book and are going to introduce a thousand new features it would be helpful if they had some form of guide.
I am still unsure if there are specific starting commands, like Hey Siri or Yo Google, I suggest Please Fatty may get the wrath of swmbo.
I have found Take me to... and Play... has some effect, what other things will it do. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #667090 20th Jun 2023 9:04am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

heres a video expalining it , although its for the defender but pretty sure it'll be the same for yours,

... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #667100 20th Jun 2023 10:26am
Dixy

Thanks Stan
Going to set wake up to Hey Fatty
Shame JLR dont do these videos letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #667110 20th Jun 2023 11:54am
RDR

United Kingdom 

Nav destination setting works pretty well, saves typing with the onscreen keyboard.

I do like Siri in the car as it provides HomeKit access. As I pull onto our lane I can “hey siri open drive gate” and by the time I pull up the gates fully open. If I use the gate fob the range means the gate isn’t fully open. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #667145 20th Jun 2023 8:00pm
Bill

United Kingdom 
Re: Voice control

Dixy wrote:

If JLR are not going to do a hand book and are going to introduce a thousand new features it would be helpful if they had some form of guide.
do.

You are right… I’m probably not using all the features as I may not know they even exist.

I don’t get on with voice control as I have to remember the wording voice control recognises. I don’t even know it’s Friday Mildred!

The programmable button is good. I use it for Alexa music.

I really am extremely bothered by the touch screen it’s a huge distraction whilst driving. I just don’t fiddle.

I have the stuff I know, and use on a regular basis , disabling stop start, changing ride height for my French property , and so on . That’s all done whilst not moving and routine . Headlights etc are all auto…
Changing units mph/KM and lights took four goes, and I have had the car nearly a year… have only been to France three times so it’s not a frequent search, so where do I find the option? Steering wheel? No . right hand screen options , little blocks/home no. Left hand side settings? Bingo.
Tight parking space had to refer to the app for the wing mirrors retraction , the button is so discreet , I didn’t know it was there ! .

As an aside , I use Waze, and that just runs the battery out on my phone… it’s ok if the phone is on charge, but it might be Wednesday Gertrude ( might forget) . Doesn’t charge whilst parked half way home and doesn’t stop either!
Waze seems to jump in over the alternative. FFRR map, and I don’t always want Waze , not clear on how to stop waze running , switching the app off doesn’t seem to disable it..

Anyway still an incredibly impressive car that just speedily eats miles in comfort and complete calm. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #667149 20th Jun 2023 8:17pm
Dixy

Stan that video helped a great deal.
Living dangerously I have created the wake up call "Hey Fatty"
and it works letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #667205 21st Jun 2023 9:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1