Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 02-05 air suspension valve problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
BMG

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey
02-05 air suspension valve problems

I had a weak compressor on my car and bought a new one. I fitted it and now have a problem where it won't drop the ride hide and gives several codes for the high pressure valve. Before fitting the compressor, this was never a problem. The operation of the compressor seems fine and builds air must faster than it ever did .

I removed the valve assembly from the two air lines so they weren't connected to anything ,and when selecting the drop the ride height it will dump the air and settle in the normal driving position and stop the air release. Thinking this was somehow the valve playing up, I ordered a new one and fitted it, but the same problem persists.
Does anyone have any ideas, or is there a small chance the new valve is duff ?
Thanks

Valve p/n MAV500010

Post #662938 27th Apr 2023 3:38pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

Could this thread explain your problem and offer a solution.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic23038.html

Post #662942 27th Apr 2023 4:02pm
BMG

Thanks, but hopefully shouldn't be as this is a new compressor, plus the one in that thread is a different compressor.
The valve I removed is the brass one in the spare wheel well. Removing the two air lines allows it to drop from off road to road normally. It vents and stops at the correct height and the dash switch stops blinking. As soon as I put the air lines back on the valve assembly, the switch blinks to drop but nothing vents and no drop.

Post #662943 27th Apr 2023 4:22pm
BMG

Have I got it right that when selecting a lower ride height, the air is dumped from this brass valve, or is it on the compressor?

Post #662953 27th Apr 2023 6:46pm
Joe90

England 

iirc that is the PRV - pressure relief valve .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #662960 27th Apr 2023 7:51pm
BMG

What should have been a simple job has turned in to a real pain in the arse. Had the new pump out several times and checked everything, nothing different happened except getting more trouble codes.

Put the old pump back on and the old weak pump raises the car and now lowers the car as before, except now i don't get the dash warning for off road mode, so probably out of calibration ?

Not sure what else to do but assume the new pump ( Aerosus brand ) is causing a fault and return it and hope I get a refund.

Post #663058 29th Apr 2023 3:55pm
rover75lover

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Baltic Blue

hi from what little i know ,the actual exhaust solenoid is mounted on the compressor head. this way the exhausted air is fed through the dessicant air filter .
Ive read on here that sometimes when they wont lower on the compressor wabco type theres a conical shaped brass filter that the exhaust air has to go through . These block so sometimes people drill a 3 mm hole in them .
If your original pump is "weak" you can buy a seall kit off the net for about £15-20 and its fairly easy to do with loads of videos on you tube

Post #672165 28th Aug 2023 3:32pm
BMG

Thanks for the reply. Bought a new compressor head and seal from AliExpress and it works perfectly, all on the old frame/air release valve. Still have no idea a new compressor alone caused so many problems on the old original frame .

Post #672168 28th Aug 2023 3:44pm
rover75lover

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Baltic Blue

im no expert but that bi brass thing is an emergency relief valve . as someone said the ecu opens the valves and with the compressor off the air goes back through the dessicant and is vented to air . the cone shaped thing blocks often so yep drill a hole in it .
I thinkthe actual drop is achieved by the ecu switching off the compressor and opening the air suspension valves that are under the drivers door in the sill .

Post #673347 14th Sep 2023 1:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1