Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L460) > Failing to start plus a few other issues 11,000 miles P400E
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 
Failing to start plus a few other issues 11,000 miles P400E

I have an issue with starting the car from time to time it seems totally random, I’ve had it in with the dealer twice I’ve recorded a video to show them it happening but they can’t trace it so say they can’t fix it.

Basically foot on brake press start the car turns on and the rec counter goes up to about 750rpm there is a noise from the engine but I can’t select a gear if I press the accelerator nothing happens, if I fully press the accelerator sometimes after about 15/20 seconds it starts obviously full revs as I have my foot held fully down.

I have noticed a fuel smell when it’s failed to start as though the fuel is being injected but maybe not ignited I’m not a car whiz so could be talking nonsense here, I also seem to have a strong fuel/exhaust smell a lot of the time even when the car is running well.

I don’t know if it’s related but occasionally on hard acceleration it seems to judder and misfire.

All of these have been reported to the dealer who had my car a week I could trace anything.

The car was in a week for the light recall, I had a rattle from the sun roof blind and the soft close actuator on the passenger door had failed.

So all in all 11,000 of no issues and now the niggles are starting to show any ideas help or guidance would be appreciated.

Post #677892 13th Nov 2023 11:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1