Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > 3.6tdv8 reg FG08XZO
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
GeoffWestWales

United Kingdom 
3.6tdv8 reg FG08XZO

Hi all,just returning to the green oval fold with our first Range Rover,had 90,s and Discovery before, just checking if anyone on here is a previous owner of our new toy FG08XZO?

Post #678922 28th Nov 2023 4:10pm
Scouse Exile

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Welcome Geoff,

Not that one but own a 3.6 diesel from same vintage, hope you enjoy it.

Jon

Post #678926 28th Nov 2023 4:50pm
GeoffWestWales

United Kingdom 

Thanks Jon, originally had my heart set on the 4.4 to pull the caravan we intended buying,all was going to plan until I found a boat for sale,luckily wifey went for the boat idea, but I felt guilty so now we have a caravan and a boat lol.

Bought this for what I think is a bargain price 12 months MOT and just had a full service, can't wait until she gets delivered Friday, will feel sad saying goodbye to my trusty E class estate but my spanners were starting to rust so thought better buy that Range Rover lol

Post #678928 28th Nov 2023 5:03pm
Scouse Exile

You'll definitely need the spanners my friend - they are good tanks if you keep on top of the maintenance, allow the jobs to stack up and it starts to get messy.

Unfortunately if you are used to Mercedes reliability then all this might come as a shock to the system (I've recently had an 2018 E class and still own a 2007 CL500, more of a toy) - rust is a big issue with these older models and the sills tend to get ignored as the plastics cover the worst of it sometimes. I know from experience as I've had both my inner and outer sills sorted out.

If you want to future proof it a bit its worth looking into a rust treatment but only if its done right - its no good just slapping on some Waxoil and covering all the ugly stuff (I saw an L322 advertised recently as having a "professional Waxoil treatment" with an invoice for £75 from the garage, not sure how effective that will be long term) - it really needs a good brushing down to get rid of the loose stuff, maybe treating with Neutrarust 661 and then doing properly. I had a quote from a Lanoguard dealer for about £700 for a 2 day job, including all the above stuff. I may well try it myself as I have occasional access to a lift but to be fair its a lot of dirty work and its almost worth the £700.

J

Post #678937 28th Nov 2023 6:42pm
GeoffWestWales

United Kingdom 

Agree on the rust proofing,watched a good vid on YouTube but can't remember who did it,this one has been lanoguarded and has had the wheel arch bit that goes done already so may apply some more for piece of mind and seen as I work in Corrosion it would not be a good advert for my services lol. I'm used to the quirks of Land Rover ownership, had a new N reg 90 with 300 TDI that was ok to be fair,then hit a td5 new from work,I hammered that weekly after they ignored my report of a leaking gearbox, that was the only failure. I remember the cold winter nights trying to fettle my series 3 diesel lol

Post #678942 28th Nov 2023 7:17pm
Scouse Exile

Well good luck with it Geoff, clearly you don't need me to advise you on corrosion then but these cars do definitely benefit from a caring owner.

Roll on the better weather and look forward to your pictures from far flung corners of the Uk with the caravan in tow!! And hopefully not an RAC van in sight Thumbs Up

Jon

Post #678952 28th Nov 2023 8:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1