Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Which Brake Discs are OEM?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Jay Porsche

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Fuji White

Malbro wrote:
If you are confident enough do the job yourself. It cost me £380 for front and rear uprated discs and pads.you have to put the rear handbrake into maintenance mode there are YouTube videos showing you how to do this.
Thanks. Ive been quoted around £400 at Halfords autocentres for supply and fit on the rears only.

Could be a nice saving if I do them myself and having watched the videos it seems pretty straightforward. Might be satisfying to get the spanners out again.

Post #679006 29th Nov 2023 3:48pm
Mikey

Scotland 

Jay Porsche wrote:
Bit of a silly example Dan?

I've used decorators who ask me to supply the paint. Builders who ask me to purchase the materials for them and they will bill for their time.

Would you like a better example? Take your own steak to a restaurant, and have them cook it? Whistle

Anyway, the builders/painters who ask you to supply the materials are usually the ones who ask to be paid in cash Wink

Post #679045 29th Nov 2023 6:50pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

@Mikey: re builders/painters, that makes perfect sense: if they had purchase invoices for the gear, the tax man might question where their corresponding VAT invoice for labour was?

No offence meant by my prior Scotland jibe, btw! Embarassed Very Happy “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #679049 29th Nov 2023 7:16pm
M11buc

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I would go for genuine LR parts. I pretty sure ( happy to be corrected) but you get 2 yrs warranty with genuine LR parts.

One thing I would like to know. When did it become standard working practice to buy your own car parts and expect a garage to fit them? We as customers can all buy car parts easily these day. Buying parts yourself is fine when fitting them your self.

It is not standard practice to take your own ingredients to a restaurant and expect them to cook you a meal with them. Or give a taxi drive a gallon of fuel just because we can buy these items.

In my opinion for what it’s worth, it’s a liability and warranty thing not cost issue for the garage . If you don’t have trust in the tradesman or garage that’s doing the work for you, then fine another that will have your best interests in mind.

Post #679097 30th Nov 2023 3:27am
Jay Porsche

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Fuji White

It seems that my post has really rattled the cages of some holier than thou types.

Thank you to those who responded with constructive comments answering the question that I posed and also including the reasons why some garages don't want to fit customer parts, I have found it very useful and your help is very much appreciated 👍

Post #679122 30th Nov 2023 12:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12