Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Just want to check this before I replace fuses!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DamianK

United Kingdom 
Just want to check this before I replace fuses!

Hi - I am really ignorant when it comes to this stuff so I just want to double check that I have this right and I am not wasting my time!

I have been having issues with my USB/ Car Play connection in my 2017 RR SC (there are a few posts on here about it) - basically when the car has been left for a few hours the USB's in the centre console will not see a phone attached to them (numerous phones, cables, wireless adapters - doesn't matter what I plug in the car just doesn't see them, the phone will charge but that's it. Strangely though if it's a USB key with a. map update it will see that no problem!) anyway if I immediately turn the car off open the door, close the door and lock the car wait a min or two and then restart then hey presto - sees phone and apple car play works without issue! I have tried numerous things (replace the USB module, the car battery etc but to no avail) so now I am trying to whittle it down and am thinking could the fuses need replacing - could that make the infotainment not see when a phone I connected to the usb when the car has sat for a few hours on that first start up???

So I have looked at the fuse diagram and I think the relevant fuses would be in the boot for portable media - does that sound correct? I THINK it would be fuses 52 and 53 (both 10 Amp) - but I am going off a US fuse diagram and just want to double check with you knowledgable lads and lasses.

Post #679129 30th Nov 2023 1:55pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i had a similar problem with my old westie....the power sockets wouldnt 'supply' voltage to any accessories plugged into them until, like you, i shut down and re-opened the FF again.
turned out to be the battery on its last legs...it prioritised its voltage to starting the FF...
replaced battery and no problems. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #679135 30th Nov 2023 2:34pm
DamianK

United Kingdom 

Well thats what I thought it could be so I too replaced the battery but it hasn't helped - unless there is something I need to reset after replacing it?

Post #679147 30th Nov 2023 3:04pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

its recommended by the WM that you 'tell' the FF a new battery has been fitted , but, some members havnt done this and claim their FF is fine.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #679149 30th Nov 2023 3:36pm
DamianK

United Kingdom 

How do I do that?

Post #679151 30th Nov 2023 3:52pm
DamianK

United Kingdom 

stan wrote:
i had a similar problem with my old westie....the power sockets wouldnt 'supply' voltage to any accessories plugged into them until, like you, i shut down and re-opened the FF again.
turned out to be the battery on its last legs...it prioritised its voltage to starting the FF...
replaced battery and no problems.

If my previous battery was getting low (I had no warnings though and only changed it to see if would fix this issue, I figured the car was 6 years old so it couldn't hurt generally either!) and the car was prioritising starting the engine etc and not supplying sufficient oomph to the USB's, when I changed (well Halfords) the battery is it possible the car is still not sending the correct voltage to the USB's as it still thinks the battery is low or is that all just rubbish and it doesn't work like that.

Getting to the bottom of this has become a bit of a fixation as it seems to make little sense!

Post #679165 30th Nov 2023 5:55pm
DamianK

United Kingdom 

Bit of an update - today, for the first time since I have owned the car, the USB connected to my phone on first start up! The big difference from normal was I was in the car for a good few hours yesterday driving, so I am wondering if that if the car sits for a day or two then the battery is maybe dipping (although it has a new battery but maybe the car doesn't 'know' it has a new battery and I need to get the car to register the new battery)

I really feel now this is battery related.

Post #679437 4th Dec 2023 5:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1