Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L460) > rear armrest screen overheat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Amazing

rear armrest screen overheat

how hot is too hot? Thrice have I been told the rear armrest screen is really hot by those sitting in business class. Having checked myself it is in fact true. The arm rest screen is too hot to continuously touch.

I reduced brightness to lowest limit, but still really hot.

both fire and burn risk. will bring it up during upcoming service.

would be better if screen timed out after a minute, no real benefit to it being on all the time. it is better to have and not need then need and not have

Post #676688 28th Oct 2023 2:52am
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

I think it’s a software update. The pivipro screen in very early days was doing the same to the extent that the storage box under the centre console was super hot.

Software update seemed to have its CPU working smarter and cooler. I suspect with the rear screen being relatively niche it’ll be coming.

Post #676922 31st Oct 2023 2:28pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Are you in an early 22MY vehicle? I vaguely remember this being ‘fixed’ in later model years.

Post #676970 1st Nov 2023 7:20am
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Are you in an early 22MY vehicle? I vaguely remember this being ‘fixed’ in later model years.

Post #676971 1st Nov 2023 7:21am
Amazing

sorry slow reply travelling.(in Bangkok for a while before heading to Maldives at moment)

thanks for the info

it is a 23my first edition p530. but I know Chinese software update is a bit behind.

I believe there are only three first editions in the province( which is the size of France) so hard tofind information on Chinese forums and most others are with std rear seats.

will bring it up when I get back. who knows maybe an update will be waiting. it is better to have and not need then need and not have

Post #677064 2nd Nov 2023 1:24pm
Amazing

update

Too slow access in China to post..each click takes about 20 minutes to do something so dont have that much time infront of a screen to complete a post. ( back in Thailand now so full access Thumbs Up) finally got to dealer and screen is as cool as a cucumber. Tech believes the screen may have registered a false high ambient base temperature (maybe from starting from deep sleep with really hot cabin after being parked in direct unlight in dealer carpark(my hometown is sub tropical) the screen then operates within a range around this base reading. Having parked underground unused for about 5 weeks the system has reset the base temp.
there maybe some small details ommited as this conversation was scratching the limit of my chinese Embarassed

so cold to touch now.

as for software running.3.3.3 it is better to have and not need then need and not have

Post #680433 16th Dec 2023 2:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1