Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > General question about the P400e.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
KitTheRam

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

nobbyclark wrote:
Yes! Will post some pics in the Welcome thread when it stops raining (which being Cumbria, could be Easter).

Nice one! 2009 pre-facelift 3.6 TDV8.

Post #679451 4th Dec 2023 7:07pm
nobbyclark

United Kingdom 

AnnualMan wrote:
If it’s any help I’ve been really pleased with mine. My run back and forth to work can just about be done in all electric but it’s not much fun so I let it do its hybrid thing. Traffic jams are made all the more palatable knowing you’re not burning any juice unnecessarily. The last 10k kms I’ve averaged 38.6 real mpg (measured by fill ups not the inboard computer); not bad considering a good 4k kms were cross continental runs where the battery didn’t help much.

Downsides are the comically small boot due to the battery pack and the executive seats (my Tesla model s is bigger) , and the additional weight which impacts handling.

I reset the trip counter when I picked it up last Saturday and the 110 mile trip home was just under 30 mpg but I'll know the true figure when I fill it up again, probably this weekend after a visit to get a Ghost installed.

Coming from a Mini Countryman, I certainly notice the wallowy handling but the boot is vast in comparison. 2019 Range Rover P400e

Post #679527 5th Dec 2023 1:39pm
AnnualMan

Switzerland 

I’m getting almost exactly 28-30 mpg on long runs too. My conclusion is a diesel is clearly a better option for a motorway muncher since they can easily see well up into the 30’s, but if your more in town then out, the hybrid is a decent option.

I would definitely go for another PHEV when it’s time to get into an L460, it’s just annoying that the LWB isn’t offered with the higher BHP. 2018 P400e AB LWB

Post #679529 5th Dec 2023 2:10pm
nobbyclark

United Kingdom 

There is a sweet spot for hybrids in terms of speed and road type. In the 14 months of owning the Mini, it averaged 42.6 mpg in 8000 miles around town, country roads and motorways. The best runs were cross country between 50-60 mph. In town, it was atrocious unless on the battery. 2019 Range Rover P400e

Post #679535 5th Dec 2023 2:55pm
Arbit

United Kingdom 

I hadn’t seen this thread but funnily enough also bought one recently.
Used approved 2018 P400e Autobiography with just over 42k miles for £43k - now insurance premiums have finally started falling as well.
I am very happy so far; also the handling is better than expected and the two motors give good torque.
I did struggle to get up a hill though in pure EV mode so there are definitely limits but it’s perfect for my short commute to the local station and then as my car on the weekends.
MPG on a motorway with no battery charge left was 29.5 for me so it could definitely be a lot worse.

Post #680682 18th Dec 2023 7:25pm
nobbyclark

United Kingdom 

The first full fill up plus 1 charge did 380 miles. I topped up with 62 litres of unleaded, which my maths says is about 27.8mpg. This was about 50:50 between motorway and fast A roads. 2019 Range Rover P400e

Post #680725 19th Dec 2023 11:17am
Arbit

United Kingdom 

The first electrical gremlins have started already:

1. A fully charged battery now only shows a range of 21 miles instead of the 32 or so miles it's supposed to show in the car/the app. Real world range today has been 13.2 miles to go from 100% down to 0%. That is rather shockingly bad; I assumed the 32 miles would translate to about 20 real world miles.

2. Apple Carplay likes turning on and off and not having a stable connection. Also sometimes the infotainment screens are just black after starting the car and won't turn on.

3. The parking cameras have started to cause problems and today completely stopped working. I saw the reversing camera again after turning off and on the ignition but thereafter nothing worked anymore. I just tried again and they are still just black, none of the 360 cameras work either.

Post #682016 6th Jan 2024 6:37pm
nobbyclark

United Kingdom 

My first couple of charges yielded 30 electric miles but the last 2 were 24 and 26 respectively. I put this down to the cold weather.

I'm also having fun and games with CarPlay. It only seems to work if I plug the phone in with a cable. I'm used to it working via Bluetooth as well. It will play media via BT but not any other CarPlay features such as messages.

I did have an amber engine light on for about an hour just before Christmas but very fortunately I've not seen it again. Have bought an OBD reader but not used it yet.

Biggest thing on my snag list is that the fuel filler flap needs a good thump to release and close it. I know it's going to fail completely at some point and leave me with no way of filling up.

Oh, and one of the keys no longer wants to work unless it's held against the steering column. Have tried a new battery but it seems to have de-synced with the car and won't re-sync. 2019 Range Rover P400e

Post #682147 8th Jan 2024 4:15pm
KitTheRam

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Like many I’ve always thought Land Rovers were a bit pot luck, the notion of a Tuesday morning built car being better than the Friday afternoon one seems like it’s in the brands DNA!

Perhaps all part of the fun but the more electrical the issues become the more of a pain in the backside they are in my experience, it’s one thing that motivated me to start the tread - are these first generation of more complex drivetrains reliable or not.

However a lot of the above seems like it would affected all cars of this period unless the P400e is wired so different it’s prone to this kind of stuff. 2009 pre-facelift 3.6 TDV8.

Post #682183 8th Jan 2024 7:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123