Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Pulled Over
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
SS.Lyria

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue
Pulled Over

Got stopped by the Hertfordshire Police last night. They’d obviously done their Tax, MOT and insurance checks because all they did was ask my name, when I told them and it tallied up I was free to go. They explained that because so many Range Rovers are being stolen in the area, they’re stopping them to check.

Seems a bit of a ‘after the horse has bolted scenario’ but at least they’re trying.

It beggars belief that the millions spent designing these cars and the high purchase price that this isn’t sorted in development. Perhaps then, we wouldn’t be exposed to these eye watering insurance premiums Rolling Eyes

Post #683617 23rd Jan 2024 10:42am
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Good on them, at least they are aware of what is going on and prepared to try to do something about it First time FFRR owner

Post #683620 23rd Jan 2024 10:54am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

At last, they have done something positive. overfinch modified

Post #683626 23rd Jan 2024 11:41am
SamThomas

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Baltic Blue
Re: Pulled Over

SS.Lyria wrote:

Seems a bit of a ‘after the horse has bolted scenario’

Not really as far as the Police are concerned, there is virtually nothing they can do to prevent your car being stolen.

Still, as you and others have said they are being active now.

The whole crime situation would be a lot better if there were more and highly visible Police cars on the roads.

Post #683636 23rd Jan 2024 12:49pm
Stuart-

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

The assumption being that car thieves will dutifully pull in when motioned to do so by the rozzers?

There is a flaw in that plan methinks. 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography in black
2018 D300 SE Velar in champagne
Spiffing wheel centre caps available

Post #683639 23rd Jan 2024 1:07pm
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

I'm not sure what you are advocating to be the correct police action there Stuart? The police shouldn't bother stopping cars because thieves wouldn't stop... the Daily mail readers would be apoplectic First time FFRR owner

Post #683643 23rd Jan 2024 1:28pm
SS.Lyria

I don’t think Plod will expect the thieves to put their hands up and utter the words ‘it’s a fair cop’

But it may possibly
a) The word will get around and the thieves Might reconsider (doubtful)
b) A chase ensues and the vehicle doesn’t reach it’s intended target (possible collateral damage)

Post #683645 23rd Jan 2024 1:33pm
SS.Lyria

Re: Pulled Over

Nothing they can do about the initial theft, but more could be done on prevention and action after reporting of said theft.

At least this a step in the right direction. The worrying thing having seen a few interviews with top LR Bods recently, is this has only come about after some gentle persuasion from the said Top Bods Whistle

Post #683647 23rd Jan 2024 1:41pm
AndyRoo

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Fuji White

Hi, it's more of a tactic, if word gets around the Sweeney are tugging Range Rovers then maybe it'll have an effect.

I mean no self respecting "booster" going to go down without a scrap. OK, so against the Scooby Squad no chance to get away unless a handy field to go over, but Mr Plod in his Astra, on ya way son before ya get yourself hurt, big boys at play.

Andy Fuji White 2012 4.4 TDV8 Westmiinster

Post #683651 23rd Jan 2024 2:00pm
Barmybrummie

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I still reckon Mr bean had the right idea, just remove the steering wheel. Laughing

Post #684068 27th Jan 2024 10:17pm
p38arover

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

^^ My first registered car was a 1938 Vauxhall Model J 14hp. The door locks didn’t work so to protect it, I would put it into reverse and remove the gearlever (it was retained by a bayonet connection like a light bulb - not screw-in like the USA). Then I locked the gearlever in the boot. Ron B. VK2OTC
2004 L322 V8 Auto
2007 Yamaha XJR1300
Previous: 1983, 1986 RRC; 1995, 1996 P38A; 1995 Disco1; 1984 V8 County 110; Series IIA

Post #684070 27th Jan 2024 10:44pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Barmybrummie wrote:
I still reckon Mr bean had the right idea, just remove the steering wheel. Laughing

That's what we do with our Defender... Whistle Thumbs Up

Post #684074 28th Jan 2024 2:05am
Gyre8

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

Late 1960s my Dad had a Vauxhall Viva HA series. Driving around Ironbridge one day the gear stick snapped leaving a tiny stub. Luckily he had a pair of locking grips in his tool box in the boot of the car.
Needless to say, it was a great anti-theft device - simply select reverse, remove the grips and take them with you and there's no chance of changing gear.

Post #684109 28th Jan 2024 1:14pm
andygts

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Can go one better and the thieving Censored came prepared

When I was 18/19 I had a VW polo and decided to go out and buy a peugeot 306, I didn't get round to selling the polo as the 306 was typically french and always broke down so polo came out as backup.

Every thursday for 3 weeks running some Censored tried to nick it 1st time they did the door above the lock but must have been disturbed. Quick trip to the scrap yard and VW's had armoured plates you could fit in those days which covered the damage, free fix

2nd thursday
they put the front quarter light through only to discover no steering wheel fitted Rolling with laughter, HT leads were also off

3rd thursday
I'd noticed a pattern so stayed up and it was Censored it down with rain, sure enough at around 1am a noisy car shot up the road then went noticeably quiet, then you could hear it splashing through the puddles on the private track at the rear of our house, sure enough 4 little chavs had turned up to nick the car and only turned up in a stolen MK2 XR2i, one of the rear seat passengers has come armed with a steering wheel Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter. While all this is unfolding I'm on 999 and south yorkshires most useless turn up, theives scatter but are aprehended.

Caught pretty much red handed one denied being there so had to take a day off work and go to an ID parade and pick him out, after all that they all got no more than a slap on the wrist. Current
2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
+ Many other non LR products

Post #684116 28th Jan 2024 2:27pm
Barmybrummie

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Actually Rover had a great idea they used on their 800 series rovers. Now I'm not sure their reason behind it and what the their intentions were for fitting it on the driver's seat but I'm sure it would work very well if fitted on the cars of today.
I used to be a car valeter back in the day and valeted many 800 series Rovers, fastbacks, Sterling's, etc etc and they all had a key slot down on the side of the drivers seat by the door. My belief was that it was to lock the seat in to the driver's preferred position so no one else could move it. But me being me, I moved the seat as far forward as possible and the tilted the back rest forward against the steering wheel and locked them place with the key and the seat would not move at all, even the back rest. Used the the key to unlock it and it all moved again, I thought that was such a brilliant idea that I wanted to buy a Rover 800 series, but being only 19 at the time that wasn't going to happen was it?

Post #684117 28th Jan 2024 2:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>