Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > L405 real life used values?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
L405 real life used values?

Begrudgingly, I may have to sell my L405AB to comply with the company car policy (<6yo) and will be looking to get into an identical but newer version of the same car.

Where is the bet place to go to for a realistic look at used values? There doesnt seem to be a huge amount of SDV8ABs out there to judge a true realistic value from First time FFRR owner

Post #683644 23rd Jan 2024 1:31pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

To be honest, autotrader, pistonheads etc etc aren't the worst for gauging pricing as frankly they are some of the larger current market places where current prices will reflect what cars are generally going for ... autotrader also marks adverts as whether the car priced is below, fair or above what it thinks should be average for the car, which if you're trying to haggle can be hard to argue against ( i.e. if autotrader thinks its a good price, then a seller is less likely to knock down the price. )

if you search for cars similar to yours and really narrow down the filters, then you'll be left with just a few cars on most sites that will indicate the general ball park. V8 or else ...

Post #683648 23rd Jan 2024 1:41pm
Richie N

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Baltic Blue

I’ve just bought an early one, and agree with AT. But be careful as a of the cars listed have been there for months. The one I bought (2013 SDV8 VSE with 80k) was listed at £24k in June 2023, and I got it 10 days ago for £19k (dealer reduced the listed price that much).

What year/mileage?

Post #683649 23rd Jan 2024 1:46pm
Arch Stanton

mine is 2018MY on 59k, just about to go in for the N828 security update.

AT seems to indicate between 45 and 49k advertised values First time FFRR owner

Post #683650 23rd Jan 2024 1:52pm
AndyRoo

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Fuji White

Hi, now could be a good time to strike up a deal, they're not shifting due to the insurance woes, so I'd say your more likely to get much more knocked off from a London / Inner City dealer than here in the sticks.

Give & take, it equally makes yours harder to offload, but good luck and let us know how you get on

Andy Fuji White 2012 4.4 TDV8 Westmiinster

Post #683652 23rd Jan 2024 2:07pm
Arch Stanton

Will do Andy, I'm only interested in the cost to change, the paper value of what I have in the car has probably gone down £10k but as long as the cost to change is reasonable I'll consider changing. If it isnt reasonable, I'll look into not having the co car allowance and keeping this car.

The lack of late L405 SDV8s isnt making it easy either. I'm not sure my journey profile suits a EV, I mostly do long trips 200m+ round trips so dont like the idea of being pulled by a 2l four pot petrol when the battery runs out.

It really is true that once one has experienced the pleasure of a FF, nothing else really comes close. There is no other car model out there I'd rather be in. First time FFRR owner

Post #683655 23rd Jan 2024 2:19pm
V8 Bob

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Ipanema Sand

Get a price off WBAC then when you have recovered look at dealer prices for similar cars then I would look at a midway price advert on here. Increasingly trading in prices are very low to give dealers options on dumping into the trade if not sold in a reasonable time, talking to car dealer acquaintances they say they are getting more and more RR owners looking for buyers.
Bear in mind that dealer prices will include cost of warranties as well as margin to cover their finance costs, commissions and day to day expenses.
Only problem with selling private is getting a replacement vehicle in a convenient time frame. 2012 tdv8 Westminster arrived Jan 19 gone Dec 23

200 TDi discovery bobtail gone
RR classic v8 bobtail gone
300 tdi Discovery 3 dr gone

Post #683657 23rd Jan 2024 2:48pm
Arch Stanton

Thanks Bob, that is a depressing experience!!

Mine comes with 12 months of LR extended warranty left (I got 2 yrs extended warranty when I bought it) that is transferable to the new owner so hopefully that keeps it somewhere in line with dealer prices, especially non franchised dealers as I estimate the LR extended will be much better than their warranty offerings. First time FFRR owner

Post #683658 23rd Jan 2024 2:53pm
Dave-A

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Do people think the insurance is likely to decrease (materially) in the next 12 months? At the moment interest rates and insurance seem to be the key drivers for the depreciation, bearing in mind the new models are a lot more expensive.

Post #685648 14th Feb 2024 9:32pm
Arch Stanton

Slightly off (my own) topic but I was chatting today with a senior company fleet person who mentioned something that means I suspect I will be in a position to keep mine for a least a few, or 6 months longer so I doubt I will be selling mine in the near future. Kinda makes me happy that I keep the v8 for longer Very Happy First time FFRR owner

Post #685649 14th Feb 2024 9:50pm
D3Jon

United Kingdom 

Arch Stanton wrote:
mine is 2018MY on 59k, just about to go in for the N828 security update.

AT seems to indicate between 45 and 49k advertised values

That figure seems a bit high to me. Prices on Autotrader are all over the place at the moment and not currently a good tool for working out a vehicle's value. There's likely to be lots of dealers all caught out with a vehicle that cost them more than they can now sell it for.

Land Rover's own website for approved vehicles has 2018 AB's with that mileage (or less) for sale at £40K, that's retail price with a warranty and probably some wriggle room, given recent press...

Example, a 2018 AB with 46K for £40,500 - https://used.landrover.co.uk/approved-used...3?___SID=U

Prices are tumbling on the L405, it would seem... Time to be buying one, not selling one unfortunately for sellers.

Jon 1992 RR Classic 3.9 efi Vogue
===================
Both my fatties now gone...
Previous: 2011 L322 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE /// 2002 L322 4.4 V8 HSE /// 2009 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 XS /// 2004 Defender 90 TD5 /// 1993 110 V8 Snatch Landrover /// 2005 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 SE (Aus) /// 1990 110 Isuzu 3.9 County (Aus) /// 1976 Series III Trayback (Aus)

Post #685655 15th Feb 2024 12:22am
Arch Stanton

thanks Jon, a reasonable assessment. Mine will have 12 months LR warranty with it if I sold it now but as I posted earlier this evening, I think I will be able to keep it til summer, I not autumn/winter this year so will be a more stable market by then I guess. I didn't really want to sell and now looks like I dont. First time FFRR owner

Post #685656 15th Feb 2024 12:43am
D3Jon

United Kingdom 

I think you're totally correct regarding your 'stable market' comment. Smile Prices will, without doubt, bounce back at least 10 - 15% to represent the true value of our amazing vehicles.

They're priced far too low right now in the used sector, especially it would seem by their own manufacturer. I'm totally amazed how low the prices have dropped on their approved used vehicles in (just) the past few weeks.

Auction values (CAP) have been hit very hard. I watch the market closely and have witnessed many cars being passed at auction, remaining unsold. This it would seem has pressurised JLR into a fire sale on its own (current) used stock. Somewhat unusual to be honest, manufacturers are usually the last to flinch.

This situation won't last in my opinion. I believe it's a reaction related to post Covid inflation, 2035 electrification plans (which will be postponed), ULEZ impact, Ukraine, bad press re. thefts, etc. It's just been a perfect storm for poor old JLR and other manufacturers of large luxury vehicles...

Hold firm, normality will be resumed to some degree, especially when interest rates get knocked back a few points in about 7 to 8 months time. General Elections are wonderful things!

Jon 1992 RR Classic 3.9 efi Vogue
===================
Both my fatties now gone...
Previous: 2011 L322 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE /// 2002 L322 4.4 V8 HSE /// 2009 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 XS /// 2004 Defender 90 TD5 /// 1993 110 V8 Snatch Landrover /// 2005 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 SE (Aus) /// 1990 110 Isuzu 3.9 County (Aus) /// 1976 Series III Trayback (Aus)

Post #685659 15th Feb 2024 1:52am
James W

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Siberian Silver

I sold mine last week as you may have seen on here. I found CarGurus to be a good site for the price as it takes lots of factors into account.

https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/car-valuation

These cars will definitely sell - a lot of it is luck though. Mine just happened to be seen by someone who really really wanted a good condition L405 and saw it within hours of the ad going live. It was priced to sell he bought it the very next day. If I'd advertised it for £4-5k more I doubt it would have sold so quickly. I still got a fair price.

I also think these cars need to be presented very well, they are luxury vehicles. The sate of some I've seen for sale is shocking. You can get a 'for sale' valet for under £100 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #685662 15th Feb 2024 9:45am
Arch Stanton

D3Jon wrote:
I think you're totally correct regarding your 'stable market' comment. Smile Prices will, without doubt, bounce back at least 10 - 15% to represent the true value of our amazing vehicles..........................................................

I think you are bang on here sir, I think a few owners have been spooked and the auction market has been flooded and the natural supply/demand model will see prices tumble. Personally I dont see a logic in losing £10k on a car because I dont want to pay an extra £1k pa on insurance. It hurts but not the end of the world. Hopefully prices will stabilise in the coming months so when I do have to sell, it is more agreeable. It means I get to keep the V8 for longer and may mean when I change, the petrol v8 will be a natural successor rather than the il6 D300/350.

@James w, that website is interesting, I just put my values in for a sale and it came with apron 43-44k which is not far what I was expecting/asking, lower than I'd like but the replacements are also lower so the cost to change is about acceptable. First time FFRR owner

Post #685664 15th Feb 2024 10:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>