Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L460) > tight parking, and accelerator stopped working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
D3fin4

Australia 
tight parking, and accelerator stopped working

Hi All, has anyone else experienced this yet?
i was backing out of a parking spot on a tight lane. Cars beside me and behind me on opposite side of the lane. i backed out and started the turn, but not much room. put it in forward and could only go forward about 1 foot because of the car that was beside me.. went to back up again, trying to continue to increase the angle of the turn, but the accelerator had no response.. like no mater the amount of press, car engine wasn't increasing, and no car movement. put in forwad again, and same.. finally got the car to move a bit and same in reverse.. but like the accelerator was very non-responsive. and finally when i had enough room the car seemed to recover and the accelerator lurched the car forward almost causing me to crash into the car in font...
i have a feeling it may have something to do with the "crash avoidance" setting, but seems more like a crash guarantee than avoidance...
it was pretty unsettling.

Post #683369 20th Jan 2024 10:42pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

I have experienced this when reversing out of my drive. I see a gap in the traffic and press the gas, the car bleeps alarmingly and stops dead. The accelerator doesn't do anything for a few seconds, and just when the car letting me out gives up and moves forward, the accelerator is active again and we nearly collide.

This happens reasonably regularly and drives me crazy. Like you say, very much the opposite of "crash avoidance". 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #683656 23rd Jan 2024 2:27pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

We had a moment like this I put it down to a one off blip.

Parked nose into a space on Brighton seafront it was manic due to an event and a car had parked tight up against the drivers side so mrs RDR climbed in through the back door to get it out. Cars were queuing either side of us to the rear she tried to reverse but the car would not budge she was shouting she was accelerating but it wouldn’t move. After much messing she got the car to creep back and as soon as we were on the road and I got in it was fine. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #683694 23rd Jan 2024 7:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1