Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Disappointed L460 P440e owner.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Alexke

Belgium 
Disappointed L460 P440e owner.

Came from fully loaded Discovery 4 wich I loved to a FFRR P440e SE with offroad package. And I have some complaints.

1.)
So, I hunt and need the car to go occasionally offroad.
Chose the smallest rims to aid for this and already got 2 fronts flat in 4 months.
The car is way to heavy and scratched the underside of the battery already a bit.

Mind you, this aint ''hard offroad'' . just greasy greenlanes in the French Alps.
had to wait 4 days for a new EV/PHEV specific tyre.

2.) the preheating does not work and the EV mode switches off due to cooling of the cabin (I Heard this is due to a problem with the electrical heater).

3.) When standing on a small incline the door wont stay open if its not fully open.
This is extremely annoying!

4.) getting in and out of the car with a belt or braces damages the leather insert on the B-pillar.

5.) dumb alarm system that always goes off, even when you are near the car with the key.

6.) software is too layered, and not obvious. everything takes 1-2 seconds extra (like turning on the heated seats)

7.) The Adas is good, but is weak compared to a basic VW that is 2 years old and has automatic lane change when indicating and the RR does not...

8.) it's in my opinion a small car on the inside compared to others (and huge outside)

9.) still feel the occasional shift while being in EV mode.

The good:

Ride comfort is excellent, potholes are none existent.
Sound insulation is great
Great power
The looks Thumbs Up

I am kind off curious if other people have these complaints as well?

p.s.
also forgot the horrible alignment of the fuel and charge flap and the dealer damaged the rear light surround while doing a recall... nice.

Post #678422 21st Nov 2023 1:00pm
cxdood

United States 2016 Range Rover HSE 3.0 SC V6 Santorini Black

Removing physical buttons saves money in producing the car but makes normal things more cumbersome for the driver. It could even be dangerous when driving and you take the eyes off the road. I don’t have an L460 and one of the things I dislike the most of the changes is the lack of buttons. I hope this fad will pass and they put the buttons back. The car looks good though. L405 2016 - Supercharged V6 petrol 380hp

Post #683604 23rd Jan 2024 8:17am
Fla

Ireland 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I'm with Cxdood, Its bad enough when they remove buttons from the infotainment or aircon but then putting touch sensitive buttons on the steering wheel is just stupid. Buttons work, they are fast and reliable. I get from a mk7 golf to a mk8 for work and the infotainment system has been in the garage 6 times. You can access aircon or heat settings without taking your eyes off the road, in the old car I could reach down and change the settings without looking. For me touchscreen everything should take a star off the Ncap rating.

Sorry to hear your new purchase disappoints in so many ways, I often look at those cars in a little bit of envy when they pass me and my L322 but I do like the buttons!

This gets me to another thought, all in all, what is peak Range Rover? I love the shape of the L405 and L460 but also have an awful soft spot for the boxy L322. Every time I am in the LR Dealer I see newer cars, maybe a year or two old getting new engines? I also hate this new small engine battery combo, good for road tax but I think can cause more issues.

For me, I have the 4.4 L322, I think Ill be aiming for a 4.4 L405 in 3 years and then Ill have to do all the same repairs again!! Current yokes
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster
2006 Disco 3
Scoobie GT wagon
Mx5 G Ltd
TT S Line
Pajero JDM Exceed

Post #683623 23rd Jan 2024 11:03am
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

This extra PHEV battery weight is one reason I went for the diesel (non-plugin) mild-hybrid which is a peach of a power train with loads of torque delivering good mpg and better handling due to its lower weight (200kg-300k less than the PHEV). MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #683697 23rd Jan 2024 8:04pm
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

what is the power like on these hybrids when you are running ICE only? I regularly do 100+mile journeys so way beyond EV range First time FFRR owner

Post #683700 23rd Jan 2024 8:27pm
Martin2

England 

Assuming it’s the same as my car, you never run out of battery or full / combined power.

Using the Sat Nav helps as it works out when to deploy the battery plus it will add extra charge if required eg I’ve seen it charging quite hard when traffic is building up ahead, so there’s enough battery to run in electric. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #683708 23rd Jan 2024 9:10pm
Phil.

Is that Porsche or Land Rover software? MY23 D350 HSE

Post #683709 23rd Jan 2024 9:12pm
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Martin2 wrote:
Assuming it’s the same as my car, you never run out of battery or full / combined power.

Using the Sat Nav helps as it works out when to deploy the battery plus it will add extra charge if required eg I’ve seen it charging quite hard when traffic is building up ahead, so there’s enough battery to run in electric.

Thanks Martin thats helpful. My preferred option is a SDV8, v8s wont be around forever so will look to get one if I can. I may take a drive in a hybrid though and see what it is like. I wonder if I can blag an extended test drive for a day or too lol First time FFRR owner

Post #683710 23rd Jan 2024 9:25pm
Phil.

I’ve owned 3 SDV8’s and covered over 100k miles in them. I now own a D350 MHEV and it’s far more refined, has improved responsiveness, and better mpg than the SDV8. It’s definitely worth a drive. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #683735 24th Jan 2024 12:01am
Martin2

England 

Phil. wrote:
Is that Porsche or Land Rover software?

Porsche software. It's very good and means the car is surprisingly efficient despite me doing more longer journeys than short ones ie 340 mile round trip tomorrow. With zero charge it will do 35-36mpg on the motorway and over the first 8,000 miles, the cost per mile is under 17p and that's with only ever putting Full Fat petrol in. Pretty quick, sounds good with the optional sports exhaust and it is great to drive. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #683746 24th Jan 2024 9:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1