Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Gutted broke down had to be recovered ..update..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Furnitureman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

So the car was collected in November and due to certain items being on back order from Landrover I got it back today, first impressions were not great, the front tow eye cover that was removed with all its clips and placed in the boot was fixed in place with two silver tech screws 😡 who does that I was livid, then on opening the car the door cards and passenger seat had oil from dirty hands on them again livid, the cover for the neutral switch wasn’t replaced.

Not a great start so when the bloke started the car and the belts were squealing I though great sounds crap and a little lumpy, I had a look at the fan and there was a thin coat of oil on it and some oil on the front of the engine, I know for a fact it was oil free when collected as I’d basically renewed everything on the front of the engine including the crankcase oil seal a few months earlier.

So paid the driver and went for a drive, straight away I could feel a very slight judder just above idle I got less than 1/2 mile when it shook violently there was a loud POP and we stopped, one of the injectors has been blown out, on inspection both clamp bolts had snapped ffs 😡😡

Straight on the phone to garage, they got the driver back and it’s on its way back to the garage, I won’t name them yet as I think it’s only fair to give them a chance to sort it out properly but I’m well Censored off at the moment,

Rant over 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8
2006 Discovery 3 HSE 260k miles and still going strong with a new owner

Post #684442 31st Jan 2024 6:25pm
RogueRanger

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

I feel for you mate. They sound like cowboys. What are their Google reviews like?

Post #684453 31st Jan 2024 7:39pm
Furnitureman

Top reviews they only do landrovers, personally I think it’s been in bits for a long time waiting for the parts to come in and things were missed when it was finally put back together, I’m sure it will all be sorted and as should have been, just had a rant as I was ready for it to be back and properly Censored off ithad to go back 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8

Post #684454 31st Jan 2024 7:43pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Sorry to hear that Furnitureman, I hope it wasn't my recommendation!!!

LIke you say, I am sure thy will sort it.

Post #684455 31st Jan 2024 7:54pm
Furnitureman

DrF I can’t remember Laughing and if it was there is nothing go to apologise for mate I’m sure it will get sorted 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8

Post #684456 31st Jan 2024 7:56pm
RogueRanger

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Furnitureman wrote:
Top reviews they only do landrovers, personally I think it’s been in bits for a long time waiting for the parts to come in and things were missed when it was finally put back together, I’m sure it will all be sorted and as should have been, just had a rant as I was ready for it to be back and properly Censored off ithad to go back

That sounds more positive and I understand your frustration after all that time. I don’t treat Google reviews as gospel but bad garages generally have enough negative and specific reviews to let you know you shouldn’t be taking your car there. In this case, it sounds like you’re right and it’s an exception. I hope you get it back soon and in fine fettle.

Post #684475 31st Jan 2024 11:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12